Which Modern Professional Race Car is the Most Impressive for what it does?

Fubar231

It'd be like if I was the fastest hurdler and I didn't knock over any hurdles but a panel of judges decided that I didn't clear the hurdles by as many inches as another guy who ran slower, so I lose.

Not a race.

Nah it would be like having two mini vans and a integra but the integra is a race car.

Not a race car.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's like.. You have to run to that end of the track AND you have to hurdle these dumb things.

Same goes for drifting... You have to get to that end of the track first AND you'll be judged on how you do it.

Watch some drifting and figure it out.

Nah it would be like having two mini vans and a integra but the integra is a race car.

Not a race car.

I've used the Integra to compete in timed events. You could almost call them races. In fact, you can say it's a car used for racing. (OK, it's not a dedicated racecar, but all of the above is true.)

Haha I'm just messing with you man. I've seen the car multiple times at mid Ohio just wanted to see your reaction

I really mean it when I say I have nothing against drifting. I just don't think it's racing. Like whoever else said, it's definitely a motorsport, and it makes a far better spectator sport than a lot of actual racing for many reasons. I just can't resist a good nergument :)

I really mean it when I say I have nothing against drifting. I just don't think it's racing. Like whoever else said, it's definitely a motorsport, and it makes a far better spectator sport than a lot of actual racing for many reasons. I just can't resist a good nergument :)

this is me 100%

This.

Drifting is to auto racing what olympic mogul skiing is to giant slalom. Yes, you're using essentially the same equipment, and yes, the same basic skills are on display and you are certainly in direct competition with your opponent. However, the person that crosses the finish line first is not necessarily the winner if aerial sections are judged to affect the outcome. While mogul skiing presents a unique challenge many slalom skiers would be incompetent or uncomfortable on, I still think the giant slalom/downhill is a more pure interpretation of the challenge of skiing, just like I think road racing/rally is a more pure interpretation of the challenge of motorsport than drifting.

Unless a judge was giving me outrageous scores in other areas because he's playing favorites, I should never get the win.

In which case, there would be a lot of very un-happy people in the stands because the judging is obviously rigged or unfair.

100% Bullshit, according to the rules.

No actual mentions of using "times" for scoring-the closest thing you get is entry speed, but only as a tie breaker. :dumb:

Scoring and judging

Formula D uses a different scoring system than D1GP. In D1, points are given to drivers who compete in the tsuiso (twin run) round, known as Tandem Battle in Formula D; 20 for the winner going down to 2 for the 10th place finisher as well as 1 point for the rest of the drivers who competed in the tsuiou round.

In D1, drivers are given three runs during a tansou (solo run) round, in Formula D as Qualifying Single Runs and only the best of them will count which at the end of that round, drivers who score the perfect 100 points will be awarded one extra point to add to their championship score. In Formula D, competitors are given two non-consecutive judged runs during the Single Runs segment of the competition which both will be judged. Starting orders will consists of drivers from the lowest rank starting first with those of the highest rank starting last whereas in D1, it is the other way round as it is seen that lower ranked drivers can take advantage of the surface grip when they start last.[2]

Formula D drivers are scored on a points-deduction system where every driver will start their judged run with a perfect score of 100 pts. For every mistake, points will be deducted. These points will vary between .25 point to the most severe mistakes (-1.75).[2]

When there is a tie in scores during a competition, rather than in D1 which will call for a rerun until the winner can be decided, in Formula D, judges will use the driver’s entry speed of the best run from the Qualifying Round as a tie breaker.[2]

In D1GP, during a tsuiso round, if a driver wins his round but is unable to take his place due to breakages, they must forfeit their place to the losing opponent. If neither is able to compete, the winning driver gets his place and as a result, that following round will not take place. In Formula D, should the driver be without an opponent, they will be allowed to run on his own.

The current judges are Andy Yen, Ryan Lanteigne, and Brian Eggert. Randy Hembrey is the Race Director for the series.[2]

Its fucking figure skating.