Powdercoaters?

Zx2guy19

Any good recommendations for powdercoaters?

I am having my 240 subframe sand blasted this weekend and am going to decide between either POR-15'ing my subframe or powdercoating it. POR-15 is more work, but it's also significantly cheaper.

Not looking to spend a fortune on a subframe, but with the amount of surface rust and such on it, I want to sandblast and do it properly.

740-334-1624

Kirk Journey in Newark, can't remember his shops name.

Saw a whole chassis he coated metallic blue and it looked great. Think he said $600 for that so your price on a subframe will be much cheaper. Does my stuff and it always looks good.

I'm wondering what color I should do. I don't want to do some weird ass lime green but I feel like if I'm going to pay for powdercoating, I don't want just black.

Maybe black with a gold flake because I am using a STANCE adjustable suspension.

Streetwerkz.

POR-15 is overpriced shit.

It's $40 for a quart, lol. A quart is enough to do an entire frame.

x3

They did great work on my brakes, valve covers, intake and strut tower brace.

I'll give them a call. As sketchy as it sounds, I don't really want like TOP quality work for a subframe because most people won't see it and it will be top price. I would pay top price for valve covers, etc. (visible items). As long as it coats and prevents rust I'm good.

what are the dimensions? It should fit in my oven, i could work up a price off dimensions and maybe a couple pics. We just installed our completely new setup last week. I wont be able to do the blasting though.

I've got the blasting covered, I can send you some dimensions soon. It isn't huge, I have a pic I can send you if you PM me your cell phone

I've got the blasting covered, I can send you some dimensions soon. It isn't huge, I have a pic I can send you if you PM me your cell phone

Unless you know for sure your blast media is okay for powdercoating then you need to double check. I blasted my intake before I took it to performance, then found out you can't use glass bead media for powdercoating. They had to blast it over again to get the surface right for the powder.

IPS powdercoated some wheels for me and they look great

I was just coming in to make a quick post but thanks for beating me to it :)

In addition to the polishing work that Brent has done for us for a number of years now he also does Ceramic and Powder and Heat-dissipating coating. We are still working on getting price-sheets put together but if you would like a quote on anything don't hesitate to ask.

Jeff

Unless you know for sure your blast media is okay for powdercoating then you need to double check. I blasted my intake before I took it to performance, then found out you can't use glass bead media for powdercoating. They had to blast it over again to get the surface right for the powder.

Thanks for the heads up! I am sandblasting it at Wheel Medics. I imagine since they go right to powder coating after the stuff they use should be okay, but ill confirm!

I was just coming in to make a quick post but thanks for beating me to it :)

In addition to the polishing work that Brent has done for us for a number of years now he also does Ceramic and Powder and Heat-dissipating coating. We are still working on getting price-sheets put together but if you would like a quote on anything don't hesitate to ask.

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Ill send you a picture tonight when I get home and if you could let me know much, that'd be great.