Undercoating shop?

cstmg8

If rust is already showing, it's too late. Cut out the affected area, weld in the replacement, and then rust-proofing coating can be applied.

If talking about the frame.......

Not true, I would scale the rust off of the frame and coat with a rust killing paint. Typically a thick brush on paint.

If you catch it before it's too bad I like to use Bedliner spray on my frame.

He has a snow plow kit on the truck, but doesn't use it for income, just personal. The rust is surface on the frame and lines etc.. under the truck.

I wondered if there was a sandblasting method or something similar to prep for coating. It would have to prolong the lifespan.

I had this issue and I just sand blasted and used frame paint on the frame and underside of the body. It was a ton of work and without a lift or rotisserie its even more of a pain in the ass.

Im lucky to have a family that owns a body shop so it was me just covering supplies and me doing the labor.

Most people Ive seen that do it themselves typically just wire wheel everything they can and use bedliner.

I haven't found anyone to do this, so I have either wired brushed or sandblasted the area and painted the area or in my case frames with POR15 and this seems to work.