Poison Dart Frogs and Setup

Hello,

I bought a sexed pair of Dendrobates Azureus in February for what was supposed to be my future step daughter. Well that unfortunately will not happen now thanks to my crazy ex. So I am looking to sell the frogs/set up/supplies.

I am selling:

1.1 Sexed (Unproven) Pair of Dendrobates Azureus

10g fully planted and thriving terrarium with ExoTerra Light

Complete and thriving Springtail Culture (all set up and thriving for two months)

Complete and thriving Rice Flour Beetle Culture (all set up and thriving for two months)

Supplies from Joshsfrogs.com to create d.melanogaster and d.hydei culture (can create 8 cultures of each total of 16). Presently I have no flies cultured to include.

Supplies/insects alone cost over $150 when purchased two months ago

Take everything today for an incredibly cheap price of $300. I paid that for the frogs in February. Frogs have not produced but have shown breeding courting behavior.

I have a pic of the frogs but do not see an attachment link on here. I can text one over if you would like.

Thanks,

Pavo

No more room for any more dart frogs (one of mine is an Azureus) but I'd be more than willing to take the fruit fly kits off of you and possibly even the springtails if you're interested.

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the tank, etc anyway, though. It'd probably help your sell, too. There is a way to post pics. You may need to use advanced options so that it might show up. One of the ways is clicking the small button with a pic of a mountain on it above.

The mountain thing asks for a web address for the image. I don't have photobucket or anything. I just have a pic of the frogs handy that you can see at the craigslist ad below. I will take some pics of the tank and everything in just a bit when I get home. Part of the tank (small tiny part) is visible in the pic)

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pet/3911310926.html

Thanks for the help and kind words guys!

Pavo

Captive born ones (like these) no you cannot. They are completely non-toxic. They lack something in their food in captivity that they get in the wild that makes them deadly poisonous.

No joke, I was going to start a pool if you sold them to someone on here. Good info to have, srsly.

No joke, I was going to start a pool if you sold them to someone on here. Good info to have, srsly.

LOL... Thankfully they are completely harmless when captive born. They are honestly some of the easiest amphibians/reptiles to care for that I've ever had. They don't require tons of expensive lighting or huge cage space. Food costs are pretty low too once you get cultures and colonies started (I am giving colonies away with sale and supplies to make own cultures). I spray once daily and feed 3-4 times a week and they are very happy creatures.

Obviously they are amphibians and cannot be handled much. Most amphibians can absorb toxins from our skin if handled too much. That and they aren't dogs so they don't like petting. lol

They are very entertaining to watch and very active during the day. Great starter animal for a kid. I had bought them for my ex-fiancee's daughter as she is an animal lover and wanted frogs.

Unfortunately that relationship was a disaster and now I am stuck with the frogs. Well stuck is a bad term as I do like them. Just a reminder of that failure that I'd like gone.

Pavo

Well no bites for the entire setup at the show yesterday. I had several offers to buy one of the frogs or the other but nothing for even just both frogs. I will take $200 for everything in the first post. That's as low as I'll go for everything. Frogs alone are worth more than that. I just want to get rid of the daily reminder of a failed relationship.

Pavo

P.S. I'm not sure what in the world triggered it but the frogs have been courting each other since I got them home yesterday. I'm not sure if the fresh air made the horny or what. lol

Kind of cool update...

I mentioned them courting each other in last nights thread. I checked in the petri dish under the cocoa hut around 9:00pm after they had both left it and....

BAZINGA!! Two eggs!! They look healthy but I have to leave them in there until I get home today to make sure the male fertilized them properly. So they are officially PROVEN!!!

I'm kind of excited and may not sell them now. :)

Do any of the dart keepers here have any advice for hatching the Dendrobates Azureus eggs and tadpole care? The web has a ton of conflicting information.

Thanks!

Pavo