SIG SAUER Sb15 "AR pistol sleeve"???

Diamonds

That aside, can I use my oe buffer tube? Or do I need to buy a pistol buffer tube?

Without seeing a letter from the ATF it's all speculation. Better to be safe then sorry as violating the NFA is 10 years in pound me in the ass prison. I wouldn't rely on any word of mouth on this one, looks like serious gray area to me.

Sig claims it to be BATFE compliant..... if they didn't actually have the BATFE make a judgment AND they advertised that the BATFE did in-fact approve it (but lets say they did not and you got put in prison).... COULDN'T you sue Sig Sauer to the point where they would be calling the company..... "Sig_yourlastname"???

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-552.aspx

Are you wanting to put this on an AR pistol or put it on an AR rifle? Your first post is confusing. The serial numbers on a lower classify the gun as either a rifle or a pistol, you cannot just up and convert one to the other, it would be an SBR. If you put this on a rifle and it makes it shorter than minimum legal length, you just committed a felony. The buffer tube has nothing to do with it

(When buying a lower to build an AR pistol, your 4473 needs to be filled out as pistol, not rifle. Lots of guys unknowingly running around with illegal SBRs )

Are you wanting to put this on an AR pistol or put it on an AR rifle? Your first post is confusing. The serial numbers on a lower classify the gun as either a rifle or a pistol, you cannot just up and convert one to the other, it would be an SBR. If you put this on a rifle and it makes it shorter than minimum legal length, you just committed a felony. The buffer tube has nothing to do with it

(When buying a lower to build an AR pistol, your 4473 needs to be filled out as pistol, not rifle. Lots of guys unknowingly running around with illegal SBRs )

This is no longer true. For a couple years now bare lowers are transferred as "other" and therefore can be built as either. Supposedly you can also now go back and forth but I don't feel like digging around arfcom to find the letter on that, so don't take it as gospel.

• 2 weeks later...
As a point of clarity on the ATF discussion. I had the chance to see this "sleeve" in person and see the letter that it comes with from the ATF declaring its legality. its a pretty cool little unit if I do say so myself. seemed nice and rigid..... like a butt stock. hehe