Transmission Suggestion

Stretch

Transmission in my 04 C5Z took a dump last night. Is it worth it to re build the stock unit or should I just replace it with something like an RPM trans?

The car is only going to be a H/C/I car this winter so it will never see more than 500rwhp.

Thanks

RPM can build your thrashed tranny for not to much if you take it out and take it to them. I know IPS can get some crazy good deals through them on rebuilds. Definitely don't do a factory rebuild it'll probably cost the same as a built one.

Thanks. I'll be calling them in the morning.

Either way it will be a built trans. I guess I should have been more clear. I was debating about shipping the current one out for a build or just buying an already built one.

i hear you cant go wrong with tick performance or rpm transmissions, I went with rpm myself because of how easy it was to get a new trans shipped to me and just send my old one back rather than ship to tick wait for it to be built and sent back.

Very true. I was hoping it would last another 2 or 3 months until I put it away for the season so this might be the route I go.