Ammo availability (improving?)

craig71188

Was at the Walmart on Bethel Rd this afternoon at 3:30. They actually had most common handgun calibers in stock 40, 45, 38 spl, 9mm, etc - and at their same old pricing. I have been picking up my "3 box limit" early in the mornings some days and they were getting only a dozen or so boxes in if they got any, but it seems they are receiving larger shipments on a more regular basis.

They also had 5.56, and many other long gun calibers, but no .22....

Hit and miss for me still. Scored some 9mm and a great deal on 12g at Cabellas this week, but they had no 38 and the 45 was overpriced.

Met a sweet older lady working there that said she hasn't had a brick (500+) 22lr since their grand opening. She went on to tell me she loves chipmunks once she puts a 22 through them.

So I stopped by Buckeye Outdoors today since I was working out there and picked up a 525 federal pack of 22 for $30. It's still 10 to much but at least I got one.

When I was at the register the salesman said they had been keeping cases of the 22 bulk packs in the back for months waiting on a promo. I understand it but its still kind of crappy considering the demand right now.

GunEnvy is stocked up on PMC.

Yeap

PMC 9A 115 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$12.99

PMC 45A 230 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$18.99

PMC 380A 90 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 2)...

$16.99

PMC 223A 55 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 20 (No box limit)

$7.99

PMC 5.56K X-Tac 62 Grain

$8.99

Yeap

PMC 9A 115 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$12.99

PMC 45A 230 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$18.99

PMC 380A 90 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 2)...

$16.99

PMC 223A 55 Grain FMJ

$7.99

PMC 5.56K X-Tac 62 Grain

$8.99

Yep, gunenvy cannot be beat!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeap

PMC 9A 115 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$12.99

PMC 45A 230 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 4)

$18.99

PMC 380A 90 Grain FMJ

Boxes of 50 (Limit 2)...

$16.99

PMC 223A 55 Grain FMJ

$7.99

PMC 5.56K X-Tac 62 Grain

$8.99

I like these prices. Other shops need to follow.

Cabelas had a decent amount of .22LR Tuesday afternoon at lunch time, both as 100 round hollowpoint packs and 50 round target boxes. I bought my limit.

Stopped back after work just to see, and all but a handful of the 50 round boxes were gone.

Week before, a friend bought a used 10/.22 from Cabelas and he told the salesmen he didn't have an .22 for it. The guy went to "check in the back", and magically found "the very last box of .22LR we have" and sold it to him.

Cool story I thought.

I've been going to Gander Mtn. Pickerington all summer and they always seemed to be stocked to the brim. Didn't have my eye out for 22lr, but I've been getting 9mm, .38spec, 357mag, and 30-06 and never noticed any empty spaces on the wall. They also seem to always have a variety of brand. I'm stocking up because when I left Colorado in May I couldnt find jack shit, I plan on returning with no need to go to the store before the range.

Oh and the guy at Gander told me they get their ammo in ever Wednesday.