Looking for Someone to Resolder a Circuit Board

dsm_sleeper

Usually boards develop "cold solder joints" which is basically hairline fractures in the solder (common on alot of older Nissan/Infinity's). I've ran into the issue before, all you usually need to do is "re-flow" each individual solder with a soldering iron and you're good to go, honestly not that bad of a DIY.

Not sure about "missing" but it does appear that the spot on the right where the bare copper is exposed got pretty toasty for some reason, which could explain why the board stopped working. Hard to tell from this pic, but at the top-center, there could be an accidental solder bridge hanging off Mickey Mouse's left ear as well.

Hard to tell from this pic, but at the top-center, there could be an accidental solder bridge hanging off Mickey Mouse's left ear as well.

Mickey-Mouse has way to much solder, i'd almost be afraid to re-flow it for fear it would leak to nearby connections (if it hasn't already), how does the other side of the board look?

That's a blown trace. What is this board for? Looks cheap.

Usually boards develop "cold solder joints" which is basically hairline fractures in the solder (common on alot of older Nissan/Infinity's).

Negative. A cold solder joint is a manufacturing defect where the soldering was done incorrectly. Cold solder joints do not 'develop', they make themselves known over time. It's an incomplete connection between the metals due to the solder and devices you are soldering to not being hot enough to flow.

That's a blown trace. What is this board for? Looks cheap.

Negative. A cold solder joint is a manufacturing defect where the soldering was done incorrectly. Cold solder joints do not 'develop', they make themselves known over time. It's an incomplete connection between the metals due to the solder and devices you are soldering to not being hot enough to flow.

Fag.

:fa:

A new board is about $260 so I was trying to see if it could be fixed first.

For my first attempt at soldering, I tried to fix the blown trace. It got my brake lights working but they are out again. The board doesn't look like it got hot after my "fix" as it looks the same as it did before.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/sanbaifo/Web/20130905_151406_zps12873423.jpg

Maybe something else on the board is wrong?

Flip it over and take another pic. Point (with a pen or something) at the point on the other side of the board where the blown trace is.

A better temporary fix would be to solder a jumper wire in the place of the blown trace:

http://eksfiles.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/board_with_jumper.jpg

You would attach the wire to the points on the board where there is already a solder joint, instead of trying to solder to the trace itself.