Rc heli

red1993sol

Hey guys looking to pickup a heli this weekend. Was wondering if anyone shop has a larger selection that another. I've been to hurricane hobbies and they seem to have a decent selection but I haven't been to any others. Figured I'd see what local shop has the best selection.. Thanks guys!

I bought an electric Blade 400 and Hurricane was the best around Columbus. They are very knowledgeable and take the time to help get what you need. I also went to Hobby Town USA, but the people there did not seem to know a lot about helicopters and their selection was small. I also went to Hobby Land, but they did mostly trains.

Have you flown before? If not start with a fixed pitch copter. The blades are one angle and the height is controlled by the speed of the motor. A collective pitch, like the blade 400, the angle of the blades can change independent of the motor speed.

A fixed pitch you can hit things or crash into grass, and usually it will still fly. If you hit anything with a collective pitch, you have broken parts and at least an hour or more of tuning it back up (adjusting pitch, levers, etc).

Yes this will be my first hobby grade heli , I've been looking at a few but I may jut go to hurricane and talk to them a bit more. Is it kit me or did there prices seem a bit high or so maybe just me but that's being compared from Internet stores. I know I want to get to the point of flying 450s , they told me I could start with one but it may be a steeper learning curve but I've also been looking at the blade mcpx bl. Still not sure what route to take I'm going to keep researching and try to learn a bit more

Hurricane is where i got mine, didnt really feel welcome though went on my lunch break from chase so had on nice business attire and the guy followed me around like I was going to steal something. I was annoyed. Just dont chop your head off like the one guy did recently, although I doubt you will go that big right off the bat lol.

I reccomend staying away from a first heli with a direct drive seperate tail motor. They tend to wash out easily and its just another motor/esc that can burn out. Just about everyone carries Horizon/eflight/align products anymore. I've had every blade from the msrx up to the 400. Multiple align 450 3gx's and a few DFC's. and my biggest is a Hirobo evo with a .30 nitro. The 3 cell 450 class is by far my favorite. Batteries are cheap, parts are cheap, and they fit in a passenger side floor instead of taking up a whole back seat.