1968 C10

Nickey4271647545519

1968 Short bed Big Block pickup Pro Street

Drive Train

454 Bored .040 over, honed with a torque plate, line honed, 2 bolt main, ARP bolts, cleveite bearings, Hastings rings

Decked to true and 0 the pistons in the hole

Slots cut for lifter oil feed in the lifter bores

Slag cleaned off the block inside and out, oil return oils radiused

Rods are reconditioned with ARP wavelock bolts and balanced, drilled and bushed for floating pins

Pistons are Keith Black Forged, .200 dome= 10-1 compression

Pioneer SFI flexplate

SFI Summit Damper good to 12,500 RPM

Lunati 60204 276/284 duration 554/572 lift Hydraulic flat tappet cam Nitrided at Comp Cams to increase the face hardness of the cam which reduces the chance of killing the cam with bad oil

Microtrol Lifters

Moroso Oil pan & flexible dipstick

Melling oil pump

781 iron heads, hardened seats for unleaded fuel, new screw in ARP studs, Manley guide plates, SST valves, 2.19 x 1.88 Comp Cams springs matched to camshaft, Comp Cams roller tip rockers, Manley head bolts, decked to bring compression ratio to 10-1, 10 degree comp cams retainers, bronze guides, competition valve job

Heads have been ported and matched to the Edlebrock performer intake and milled square

Performer intake was milled to match the cut angle of the heads since the heads and the block have both been milled

Intake, headers & water neck all ceramic coated for good looks, increased performance and long life

Pete Jackson gear drive

Chevy performance timing chain cover, Billet timing pointer

Entire assembly was rotational balanced, motor was blueprinted at assembly. All sheets for work go with the truck

MSD Distributor and coil

Holley 770 Street avenger carb on 1” plastic spacer

Finned Aluminum valve covers and air cleaner, billet PCV valve

Billet pulleys for water pump & crankshaft

Wieand Polished Aluminum water pump

Dual electric fans with electric controller and SST enclosure

Polished stainless radiator cover

Motor was broken in on the dyno correctly and we have dyno sheets for 489HP & 540 foot pounds of torque.

Motor was machined and assembled by Watson & Rupel in Sarahsville Ohio. This is a speed shop that has been in business since the early 70’s. I did all of the port work on the heads and intake with their guidance.

Motor was Dynoed & tuned at Platinum performance in Norwich Ohio by Todd Quinn (Larry Morgan pro stock racing)

Turbo 350 tranny with transmission specialties 3000 stall converter, aluminum pan and Milodon flexible dip stick, B&M tranny fluid, B&M shift kit

12 Bolt rearend with Moser axles, studs, 5 lug conversion, Eaton posi center section, 4.10 gears, was built with all new drums and brake components, chrome rearend cover, adjustable pan hard bar, fresh control arm bushings, u-bolts, cut non-tapered coil springs for a 5” drop

Wheels are custom built Classic – V’s by ET wheels in California, 5 lug, polished, 15x14.5 in the rear & 15x7 in the fronts

18.5x31 Hoosier prostreet radials in the rear, Mickey Thompson radials in the front

Front end has an ECE drop spindle set, 5 lug conversion, disc brakes, fully rebuilt with all new components, including A-arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends

Steering box was rebuilt along with the PS pump by Steer & Gear, new rag joint installed

Custom Bent 3” dual Exhaust with Goerlich mufflers at the rear axle (attention getter)

Exterior

Custom blue paint was mixed together from 5 different blues, front and rear roll pans are metal (no bumpers) street rod style mirrors on the doors, custom taillights, smooth tailgate, bed cover

Body does have bondo, not a ton but it is thier front passenger fender, rockers and tailgate are all aftermarket parts. Body and paint are 7 years old and they are showing some age. However I still get tons of compliments on this truck including the color of paint. Lots of little custom touches have been done to the body.

New rubber door seals installed on doors

Interior

Pioneer stereo with amp, kick panel speakers and 6x9’s in the rear, tilt column, grant leather & polished billet wheel, autometer gauges, factory tach and gauges, painted dark silver and black inside, leather bench seat, 3 seat belt sets, B&M floor shifter with line loc. No Heat or AC, black carpet

I have traced the trucks history back to Mississippi so you can say it is a southern truck

Since I bought the truck in 2006 all of the above mechanical work has been done. Paint was sprayed in 2006 also. Truck has been garaged since I bought it and has only seen rain a couple of times.

Truck runs well and is very quick. Not perfect by any means. I don’t drive it very hard or much. The last 2 years I have driven the truck maybe 400 miles. I don’t have time nor the extra set of hands to work on the truck much anymore. I am looking at a C5 or C6 Corvette convertible to cruise around in that does not require the same kind of time the truck could take. I would consider trading up or across for a convertible.

Will post good pictures in the next couple days.

Asking 15k.