Laptop Advice

Tindall2006

My current laptop is a HP G60-447CL. I have had it for about four years and it has been perfect for internet, netflix, work school. Well it is getting old and the CD rom won't work, and the screen is starting to flicker. I am beginning to see death in the near future. I am sure they are both easy fixes... though I think it is time for something new.

So far this seems to be the winner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151132829452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Basically things I am looking for.

Touch screen (I just have a hard on for it)

Some type of DVD player RW whatever

good ram,

good processor

Something semi tuff...

I don't think I want anything over 17" While I almost never take my laptop out and about, I like it to fit in a backpack easily.

enough USB ports,

I like having the number pad on the side too.

Under 600 bucks. I don't see any reason why I would spend more then that. I used to be really into building computers in the 486-P3 Era, no I don't have a clue what anything is. My last system I built was a AMD 1.8 GHZ system, not sure why nothing has seemed to advance beyond that. I am sure some of you know more than me so I wouldn't mind input.

What is the new thing with instant on and solid state memory?

Also dual band WIFI sounds cool, any other cool features I should look for?