Oracle buys Sun

Casper

Ha, I know! I saw that this morning! IBM missed out and Oracle is buying up everything. I was on a project made up completely (just about anyways) of BEA's SOA suite of web apps (and Sun T200s with Solaris 10 SPARC, what a coincidence) when Oracle bought BEA. I read it here $7.4B ($9.50/share)

With Cisco buying into the server market, there's are going to be superpowers fighting each other to take over everything.

Edited by justin0469

We thought this was going to happen years ago. As long as 3-4 years ago we even had a meeting with one of our Air Force clients about it. Just a matter of time.

3-4 years ago when Sun was actually worth something, yeah I could've seen that. But now? That's just a smack in the face to IBM. :lol:

I'm an Oracle and MySQL guy, so I'm excited to see what happens. Oracle is so heavily invested in Java, they probably just didn't want it going to a competitor. I bet Solaris goes opensource.

3-4 years ago when Sun was actually worth something, yeah I could've seen that. But now? That's just a smack in the face to IBM. :lol:

I'm an Oracle and MySQL guy, so I'm excited to see what happens. Oracle is so heavily invested in Java, they probably just didn't want it going to a competitor. I bet Solaris goes opensource.

I dont think solaris will go open source but thats just me.