Italian restaurant in westerville

Lauren

Not all "Authentic" Italian food tastes the same

Yes. This irritates me. I only notice this coming from Americans of Italian descent, who never been outside their home state, let alone been to Italy. "Aye yo, this isn't real Italian food, forget about it". Well your not really Italian either so eat up.

I've never been to Giamarcos but I've always heard good things about that place.

I remember going to Monte Carlo as a kid back when it was a full size Italian restaurant, own building. Great food and very nice owners.

Yep.. before Home Depot took over :(

There was another place on Cleveland (between 161 and morse) that was called Monaco's (Palace?). Wife and I had our wedding reception there. I think they're closed too.

Yes. This irritates me. I only notice this coming from Americans of Italian descent, who never been outside their home state, let alone been to Italy. "Aye yo, this isn't real Italian food, forget about it". Well your not really Italian either so eat up.

I've never been to Giamarcos but I've always heard good things about that place.

Do you have to be Italian to like Italian food? To know Italian food? Moreover, if I perceive something as "authentic" tasting and so does 99% of America... And i am looking for that similar taste to be replicated, then why wouldnt someone tell me "heres where you can get what you perceive as authentic" instead, the one-uppers on a car board try and argue what taste is truly authentic?

Allow me to rephrase my original question.

"With the mindset of what 99.9% of Americans perceive to be authentic Italian food... Where can I get that in Columbus"

Every establishment mentioned in this thread has good Italian Food. Seems to me that you say it isn't because they don't follow your family's recipe. That's kinda absolute don't you think?

Some truth to what you said. I certainly haven't turned my nose up to any of it. in fact, the only place I have not liked at all was Brio in Easton. Terrible Carbonara.

The only place I do not recommend is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/udadybu7.jpg

IMO it's too expensive for what the food is, and to smell Hoover while you eat.

Amazing patio, awful prices, awful food. We do appetizers and drinks with some friends there a few times during the summer, but eat lunch/dinner somewhere else.

The only place I do not recommend is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/udadybu7.jpg

IMO it's too expensive for what the food is, and to smell Hoover while you eat.

Agreed,

Went there with the wife 2 months ago. Looks like a place you would go to in Hilton head for a nice dinner... BOY, WAS I DISSAPOINTED....

Went up and had a couple drinks on the rooftop bar. Lake Smelled like shit and looked like shit.

Went down to be seated in the room with all the windows on the water.... BUGS EVERYWHERE on the windows next to our table... also, smelled like shit.

Looked at the menu, not one thing I was interested in. Got up, left the table. The hostess stopped us and asked if anything was wrong. I told her politely "we are just feeling like going somewhere else" and the manager spotted us, ran over and asked what the issue was. and I again politely said "its not a huge deal, we just decided to do something else".

Went to mellow mushroom and had some bomb-ass pizza and beers!!!

I was considering writing Dave Bianconi (in a nice tone, not an asshole) to tell him that the place was not up to what I expected for such a successful entrepreneur. I honestly thought about giving him ideas about how to improve it. I'm sure he's losing money on the place. Spent a shit ton to develop it and it is not quite the "crowning achievement" he was hoping for as a hobby.

Agreed,

Went there with the wife 2 months ago. Looks like a place you would go to in Hilton head for a nice dinner... BOY, WAS I DISSAPOINTED....

Went up and had a couple drinks on the rooftop bar. Lake Smelled like shit and looked like shit.

Went down to be seated in the room with all the windows on the water.... BUGS EVERYWHERE on the windows next to our table... also, smelled like shit.

Looked at the menu, not one thing I was interested in. Got up, left the table. The hostess stopped us and asked if anything was wrong. I told her politely "we are just feeling like going somewhere else" and the manager spotted us, ran over and asked what the issue was. and I again politely said "its not a huge deal, we just decided to do something else".

Went to mellow mushroom and had some bomb-ass pizza and beers!!!

I was considering writing Dave Bianconi (in a nice tone, not an asshole) to tell him that the place was not up to what I expected for such a successful entrepreneur. I honestly thought about giving him ideas about how to improve it. I'm sure he's losing money on the place. Spent a shit ton to develop it and it is not quite the "crowning achievement" he was hoping for as a hobby.

They made me mad when they took the pork tenderloin and Garlic mashed potatoes off the menu. Shit was amazing back in the day.

They are doing fine, place is packed every night with Medallion peeps. They can afford to blow the scratch on average food because it's the closest thing and prices keep the middle class away. They like it that way. LOL at $59 for a NY strip steak. I see the owner of Evan's Automotive pulling in there all the time with his wife. They live down the street.

I was just in there June 23 with the wife for our 12th anniversary. That's where they handed me a menu with a $59 12oz NY Strip steak.

If you look at the menu here it's $34, has this place dropped their prices since June? Do they inflate their prices in the summer because of the patio?

http://www.bellagorestaurant.com/documents/dinner_menu_rev_08-13.pdf

Yep.. before Home Depot took over :(

There was another place on Cleveland (between 161 and morse) that was called Monaco's (Palace?). Wife and I had our wedding reception there. I think they're closed too.

Obviously not the same monte carlos restaurant then?

Agreed.

So, where do you think the best steak is in Cbus? I love Mitchell's.... but am open to trying other things.

A few years ago I had a Fillet at Due Amici. It was good.

Also, had a couple good steaks at Hyde park... but no "hair-blow-backer's"

There's a place in Louisville called Jeff Ruby's that is fabulous. and in Pittsburgh a place called Capital Grille (also in Chicago and other cities).

So, where do you think the best steak is in Cbus? I love Mitchell's.... but am open to trying other things.

A few years ago I had a Fillet at Due Amici. It was good.

Also, had a couple good steaks at Hyde park... but no "hair-blow-backer's"

There's a place in Louisville called Jeff Ruby's that is fabulous. and in Pittsburgh a place called Capital Grille (also in Chicago and other cities).

Any slab of meat I buy from carfagna's and season and slap on my grill. I don't eat Steak at restaurants, waste of money IMO. Steak is easy. This is just my Opinion, others may love steak at restaurants.

No, they were two different places. The Monaco's that was open in the 80's and early 90's shut down to do only catering/weddings.

http://www.monacoscatering.com/

sorry I misquoted...

I am talking about the old monte carlo that was off 161 and the new one that people are saying that they are going to. Are they under different ownership?