Frog Lube write up

Mojoe

I had heard of Frog Lube a while ago and read up on it as well as watched a few youtube vids. Everything I was seeing pointed to me wanting to test it out for myself. Having put weapons through some pretty rough situations in past years, I understood that better ways of protecting the metal would be a plus. Read more about it: http://froglube.com/

I tested it on my Ruger SR9c. I had shot the weapon quit a bit lately and it was time for a good detailed cleaning. I cleaned it with Reminton cleaning products, as I have come to like them quite a bit from using them in Afghanistan. Once I had the metal parts clean and bone dry, I used a heat gun to heat up the parts to apply the Frog Lube. It didn't take long to have the metal too hot to touch. I then used a small paint brush to apply the green spearment smelling lube. And yes, I did taste it, being it is made from all natural materials. It was odd, but not terrible. After I had all my parts treated, I left it sitting in direct sun light for a hour. The I touched the parts again with a little heat, and wiped everything down. I wanted to heat cycle everything once I assebled the gun to ensure function and to remove any excess lube that may work its way out. I fired 20 rounds rather quickly, but not to just dump a mag. Forst shot smoked a little, as it should, and it smelled good. The action of this weapon had never been gritty or rough, but there was a noticable smooth to the function now. I plan to shoot it more and will update with any changes. But, for now I'd say this is a great treatment to care for guns that can improve their funtion as well.

Thanks for reading.

TLTR:

Forg Lube is good stuff.

I've not seen anything about use on high temp, high cyclic rate weapons. LSA is great for that environment and has proven so.

I'd say it would depend on the intended use. Frog Lube was designed for use in harsh environment and demanding results. Though I would say; I think it's small arms, semi auto, and maybe Burst. I've not run it though what I consider, a demanding sesson of shooting. Therefore, I can't say for sure from my own experiance.

I've not seen anything about use on high temp, high cyclic rate weapons. LSA is great for that environment and has proven so.

I'd say it would depend on the intended use. Frog Lube was designed for use in harsh environment and demanding results. Though I would say; I think it's small arms, semi auto, and maybe Burst. I've not run it though what I consider, a demanding sesson of shooting. Therefore, I can't say for sure from my own experiance.

Ma Deuce ran like a champ with Remoil. I ran out of LSA when we got stuck out for 3 weeks (surge circa 06 Iraq). My old man sent me some over to clean my weapons. I kept a big can in the turret with me after I ran a box to test fire. Not that CLP didn't work, but it burned off quick. I would assume if Frog Lube bonds with the metal, it'll run full cyclic rate. Either way, most weapons systems will run dirty, if they stay wet. Contrary to the lubricate lightly theory.

Ma Deuce ran like a champ with Remoil. I ran out of LSA when we got stuck out for 3 weeks (surge circa 06 Iraq). My old man sent me some over to clean my weapons. I kept a big can in the turret with me after I ran a box to test fire. Not that CLP didn't work, but it burned off quick. I would assume if Frog Lube bonds with the metal, it'll run full cyclic rate. Either way, most weapons systems will run dirty, if they stay wet. Contrary to the lubricate lightly theory.

being organic based, I'm not sure frog lube would be the best choice for high cyclic rate weapons. I personally use it and while it does make dirt and residue wipe right off, I wouldn't trust it to that kind of duty of use.

I kind of want to dig out my pyrometer and do some heat resistance test on some various oils now.

I have found that it works well on guns that do not see a lot of use.. I think it was made to be a product that does work on guns that do not see a lot of action, I run my glock pretty hard and have for over a year and I had to switch from frog to slip2000.. lube is a product with great advertising on you tube.. out perform others?? only in a video.. I did exactly what Joe did heard about it then tried it, was not happy, so I gave it to my wife... just my 43 cents