5 point harness, preferences?

Richard Cranium

I need to pick up a new harness for the car. 5 point and would prefer camlock, wrap around. Simpson won't re-certify their harnesses. What are the preferred belt sets out there? I'd rather buy a nice set up front and get the re-certified a couple times than buy a cheap set and replace with new every couple years. The cockpit is kinda tight and I don't have a lot of room to move around, so the easier they are to lock and unlock the better.

What certification do you need to have? If the group you run with will accept FIA certs those are good for 5 years as opposed to 2 years for SFI.

I run Schroths and have been very happy with them. I believe our uses are different, but the info should still apply.

What certification do you need to have? If the group you run with will accept FIA certs those are good for 5 years as opposed to 2 years for SFI.

I run Schroths and have been very happy with them. I believe our uses are different, but the info should still apply.

I should have been more specific. I am drag racing, therefore NHRA rules state that belts may be a maximum of 2 years old.

The standard is SFI 16.1:

Seat belt mandatory in all cars. Three-inch driver restraint system

meeting SFI Spec 16.1 mandatory in any car running 11.49 (*7.35)

or quicker, in convertibles running 13.49 (*8.25) or quicker, and all

dune-buggy-type vehicles running 12.00 (*7.50) or slower. SFI 16.1

restraint system, when required, includes crotch strap and must be

updated at two-year intervals from date of manufacture. See

General Regulations 10:5, 10:11.

Once I am comfortable in this car and launching hard I'll be pissed if I only run 11:49. The goal is low 8s or bordering on high 7s in the quarter mile.

here's their latch link offering which is more popular with the drag/dirt crowd: https://www.schrothracing.com/competition/latch-link-16.1/LL-III-5

Here's a cheap cam-lock option that you said you were looking for, which is still SFI rated: https://www.schrothracing.com/competition/clubman/clubman-III

I run the Clubman harnesses in the passenger seat of my car and I've never had any complaints from people. I use Profi's in my driver's seat and have enjoyed them.