Remanufactured Ammo

87GT

What a horrible story on that thread...

I never saw a rifle kaboom, but a pistol...yes.

I was at an outdoor range. There were no walls separating the shooters. I was done shooting and had my stuff packed up and waiting for a friend to finish.

A guy was shooting a Freedom Arms pistol and the cylinder blew apart. The guy next to him was getting ready to fire and he caught the brunt of the shrapnel in his strong hand. His hand was a mess and he was in shock.

They took him away in an ambulance and the sheriff took the blown up pistol and the owner's information. The guy shooting the pistol that exploded really didn't seem concerned about what just happened.

The ammo that he was shooting was in plastic boxes so I'm sure they were reloads.

A month later I was at the same range shooting trap and the guy that got injured was in the clubhouse. His hand was heavily wrapped and he told me he already had three operations and that the doctors told him his hand would be pretty much useless even after it healed. He told me he was a tool and die maker and that the diagnosis meant that he would no longer be able to work in his trade.

He also told me that the guy who owned the pistol that exploded never came to see him in the hospital or called to see how he was doing. He said because of the guy's careless attitude that he was going to sue him.

I don't know what happened after that day, but I wish the guy well. His hand was shredded down to the bone when I saw it and I knew it wasn't going to be a minor injury.

Just make sure that the re-loader uses NEW brass, not so called "once fired" brass.

This was some ammo from a commercial re-loader that a friend was shooting in one of my rifles. The scary part was that the top of one of the cases remained in the chamber and the next round almost went into battery. Fortunately the bolt didn't fully close and upon ejecting the round, we noticed that the top of it was necked down from going inside the top of the previous case. This could of easily been a very dangerous situation.

After this incident, the only reloads that go into any of my firearms are my own.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/jjjxlr8/misc/PIC_0897_zps96b5bfad.jpg