Driver Has 'No Memory' Of 180 MPH Crash

bmwohio

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/homes-completely-destroyed-mistake-20908539

And another astonishing moment caught on tape. A race car driver, attempting to break a land speed record, ended up somersaulting through the air. Miraculously escaping with only minor injuries.

Look at that video. He's now speaking out about it. Here's the story.

Brian gillespie topped out at 180 miles per hour. And then, this -- somehow, he survived. My memory of the accident only goes up until about third gear.

I was in sixth gear when the accident happened and the car pitched sideways. I have no memory whatsoever of it. Reporter: Watch again as the honda comes face-to-face with destruction.

They had to peel back the rough to get me out of here and cut off the roll cage. Reporter: Gillespie walked away. But not without injury.

Through the spinning and tumbling, the g forces, I had a torn lung. My right lung collapsed. Sprained my left wrist.

At least one concussion. Reporter: And those still blood shot eyes. A custom roll cage along with other safety enhancements, saving his life.

His once-prized car, now a pile of scrap. But his duel with death won't keep him out of the driver's seat for long. The doctor says I have to take a month off.

So, at least not for a month. He says not only is he going to get back in the car. He wants to push the envelope and try to go even faster.