Apple users help me

87GT

So I decided to be a good son for once and bought a tablet for my dad. My dad has almost zero PC experience so I figured skip android and go apple. Apple is supposed to be easy and a great experience and probably some other BS I forgot to add. I bought a used ipad 1 off craigslist. I set it up as a new user, made an igay.com cloud account, set everything to backup to the cloud. I want to make this as easy as possible for this old guy. I see it has iOS 5.1.1 on it. That's fine my ipad 2 also has that. I wanted to preload some common apps because he doesn't have internet at his house. I want to make this as easy as possible for christmas and also when I am not around to help. I tried to download netflix, google search, weather.com official app, SORRY BRO THIS APP REQUIRES iOS 6. Okay lets try iBooks so he can read something. SORRY BRO THIS APP REQUIRES iOS 7. These are apps I currently have on my ipad 2 so I know it will work on 5.1.1 with an older version :dumb:

I did some research and the ipad 1 doesn't have enough RAM to support iOS 6. Okay that makes sense it is an older heavy POS brick of a tablet. Maybe the app store has an older version somewhere. I found something on reddit that says the app store will let you download the latest compatible version IF your iOS is out of date. Awesome this is what I need!! Sorry bro this will only work if you are an existing user and already bought/downloaded the app :dumb: :dumb:

So I can only think of a few options. Please let me know if you come up with something else.

1) Find an alternative to these basic apps that support iOS 5 if possible

2) Try to find an older version somewhere on google of the app, jailbreak, install with ifunbox.

3) Wipe the ipad 1. Setup with my existing itunes account. Restore all my apps. Jailbreak. Manually pull the apps I want to my PC. Wipe ipad. Restore my dad's icloud account, jailbreak, manually install with ifunbox and pray it works

4) Download the most current apps from itunes to my PC. Find the .IPA file, rename to .zip, unpack everything, figure out where the line of code is that says the minimum os = 6.0 and change to 5.1.1, rezip the file, change back to .IPA. Jailbreak ipad, load with ifunbox and pray it works

5) kill myself