I really wish more people had voted for Ron Paul...

Casper

It's a shame that he was so horribly downplayed and didn't get nearly the amount of exposure he deserves (let alone elected...) but he's still out there fighting hard to help bring some sanity to our country.

His bill (HR 1207 Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009, see link below) is something I think we've needed for many, many years, and it looks to be gaining some momentum...55 cosponsors is nothing to scoff at. Getting the Fed under control is paramount to our financial survival. Too bad nobody will just abolish the goddamn thing, but an audit and more transparency are welcome changes.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1207

It's a shame that he was so horribly downplayed and didn't get nearly the amount of exposure he deserves (let alone elected...) but he's still out there fighting hard to help bring some sanity to our country.

His bill (HR 1207 Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009, see link below) is something I think we've needed for many, many years, and it looks to be gaining some momentum...55 cosponsors is nothing to scoff at. Getting the Fed under control is paramount to our financial survival. Too bad nobody will just abolish the goddamn thing, but an audit and more transparency are welcome changes.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1207

Ron Paul wanted to abolish it all together, saying it was clearly unconstitutional.

hell yeah! They need to legalize pot, but I guess that everyone loves to bitch about all of the lazy Americans that they support. For some reason I see a lot more lazy Americans if pot was illegal. I think some people might not be completely thinking through their viewpoints.

I was not a Obama supporter at all but my paycheck is slightly higher and he wants to give me some money to buy a house. By the way a decent amount of the money that everyone is bitching about him "spending" is being to used to reduce that average working mans tax liability. So each time you get a paycheck, that is $20 or $40 higher, and you piss it away it is part of the debt that "future" generations will be left with. Also Gov't debt is usually very low interest and is paid back over a very long term. For the most part inflation is much higher than the loan interest.

Edited by shittygsxr

Too many people voted for Ron Paul and not enough voted for John McCain... ergo' date=' Obama.

We got 'Nader-ed'[/quote']

Ron Paul didn't run independent.

I was not a Obama supporter at all but my paycheck is slightly higher and he wants to give me some money to buy a house. By the way a decent amount of the money that everyone is bitching about him "spending" is being to used to reduce that average working mans tax liability. So each time you get a paycheck, that is $20 or $40 higher, and you piss it away it is part of the debt that "future" generations will be left with. Also Gov't debt is usually very low interest and is paid back over a very long term. For the most part inflation is much higher than the loan interest.
He cant give you anything he didn't already take from you or someone else so while t might seem nice that $8000 had to come from someone's pocket and the gov't doesn't earn any money. And which spending is reducing tax liability? Was it the billions to GM? or to AIG? or for high speed rail? or for healthcare reform? or for overseas abortion funding?:confused: and i think an $800 Billion deficit leaves more debt to future generations than me blowing $20-$40 bi-weekly.

I already posted the math in another thread with the real numbers, so I'll just give you a link.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showpost.php?p=155624&postcount=5

you neglect to continue compounding the additional years of deficit between now and when grandkids occur. 1.1T is the number only if all deficit is erased following that time frame. That's of course, not counting the what? 9T we already have. Plus, i think youi'd be hard pressed to convert every $8 into $106. So far my TDA is losing about 10% every quarter.:mad:

you neglect to continue compounding the additional years of deficit between now and when grandkids occur. 1.1T is the number only if all deficit is erased following that time frame. That's of course, not counting the what? 9T we already have. Plus, i think youi'd be hard pressed to convert every $8 into $106. So far my TDA is losing about 10% every quarter.:mad:

To be honest, I really don't know what context that 1.1T is in - it was a quote from Lindsey Graham and who knows where he gets his numbers. :confused: So, I don't know if it accounts for erasing the deficit immediately or not. Either way, if it's 1.1T additional on top of the 11.1T we have right now (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

debtiv.gif

or http://www.uwsa.com/us-national-debt.html) it would still pay off in the long term.

You're absolutely right though about converting that $8 into $106 for every person - I have no control over others' finances. The only way to FORCE people to save is to tax them and set aside that money - like SS. And while your TDA is losing 10%/qtr, you're comparing a short term loss against a long term investment - apples to oranges my friend.

Your finance/math skills are bad, mmmkay.

remember back in the 70's and 80's when 1,000,000 was alot? It really doesnt seem like that much anymore, it seems like there are alot more people with a million than there used to be.

Well if anyone wants to give me a 1% loan payable for the next 50 years I will take it. It seems that basic math and finance is above most peoples heads. I guess china must be filled with the dumbest people in the world, because they had money to invest and they decided to invest in the USA instead of their own country.

Ron Paul wanted to abolish it all together, saying it was clearly unconstitutional.

I'd vote to abolish it too in a heartbeat given the option, but he is being realistic and sees that we're stuck with it for now so we may as well try to at least clean it up so it stops killing out economy.

Too many people voted for Ron Paul and not enough voted for John McCain... ergo' date=' Obama.

We got 'Nader-ed'[/quote']

I'm no fan of Obama, I'm still happy that he beat McCain. I'd rather have my money spent on Obama's batshit insane stimulus package and such than have McCain go blow it all on more needless war and the army of handlers it would have taken to keep Palin in check while in office.

And for the record, Ron Paul made a lot of sense. That was his downfall. His ideas and policies made sense to the average jane/joe, but didn't grease the hands of the machine that is currently our government. Even if he had been elected..90% of what he wanted to do would have gone no where. This is what's wrong with the two party system.