Thinking of building a 7.62X39 AR....

Stampede

I say just get an AK, aren't 7.62x39 AR mags a bitch to get to actually run in the gun

Everything I have read, though that is not too much on this, has people saying exactly this. Just get the AK. I'm a huge AR fan because of how long I have worked with that platform. That said, I fucking love my AK. So much fun and it is just alway awesome. And they aren't that pricey.

Oddly enough I didn't have feed issues, unfortunately the lugs on your bolt will break off at some point. 7.62x39 in an AR made a bigger hole and at this point was cheaper to shoot but my AR wasn't happy. If you want a larger round run the 300 blackout (which fits in 556/223 mags) otherwise stick to 556/223.

Oddly enough I didn't have feed issues, unfortunately the lugs on your bolt will break off at some point. 7.62x39 in an AR made a bigger hole and at this point was cheaper to shoot but my AR wasn't happy. If you want a larger round run the 300 blackout (which fits in 556/223 mags) otherwise stick to 556/223.

This

If you want to stick with the AR platform I would check out the 300. Very happy with mine. Only drawback is price of blackout ammo. (Cant beat price and availability of 7.62x39.)