After 4+ Years of dialysis my wife has a tentative transplant date! 2/28/2014

thorne

It's been a very long and hard road to get to this point. As I've shared in the past my wife has been sick for quite a while with renal failure and MAJOR complications related to renal failure. (Blown Fistula's / Clotted Hero Grafts / Perm Caths / Blood Transfusions and more).She has been in and out of the hospital more times than I can count, But even through this all she has kept good spirits and remained strong.

Fast Forward

Not only did my wife have to struggle with all the above issues she had to lose 35lbs to be cleared for surgery. As of Late last year she has lost 50lbs and was cleared for surgery. Sadly I was unable to be a donor but my mom stepped up and offered and as of late last week she was confirmed to be a match. We have a tentative transplant date of 1/28/2014!

I employer everyone on CR to be an Organ Donor, and if you have a loved one who is on dialysis you should consider being a living donor!