anyone a beretta 92 series fan?

Chief8one

I bought one not too long ago and absolutely love the gun. To be specific it is the new 92a1 that comes with built in rail and 3, 17 round magazines. Granted, it is the first gun I've ever owned. I always wanted a 92 from growing up with the Die hard/Lethal weapon series as a kid. I was just wondering if anyone else likes/owns one?

I see a lot of glock and sig sauer love, but never any berretta.

I have no issues in being schooled in firearms. It seems that the Sig Sauers go for a serious premium, even used.. enlighten me?

I'll throw a cell phone pic up in a bit.

if someone does mind hosting that would be great. I'm computer retarded.

New Sigs aren't as good as old Sigs. Glocks are good enough but aren't the perfection they claim to be. There are lots of good guns out there, but no hands down best gun. Berettas probably get passed over because of price more than anything, and being a steel gun means they are heavier than most modern guns so they are less likely to be used as a defensive weapon.

The Beretta 92/M9 is a good pistol. I've taught, shot and qualified with it several times, over many years. I get that there was a contract for thousands of them. I think for military service, it has served it's time well and it's time to retire. I do like the gun for what it is. But, we can streamline the functionality of employing a handgun by going to something hammerless. I'm not even biased toward any one make or model. The M2 is clunky and bulkier than what I would prefer to carry.

Pretty much my thoughts....

$$$

Weight

Full Size

KillJoy

New Sigs aren't as good as old Sigs. Glocks are good enough but aren't the perfection they claim to be. There are lots of good guns out there, but no hands down best gun. Berettas probably get passed over because of price more than anything, and being a steel gun means they are heavier than most modern guns so they are less likely to be used as a defensive weapon.

I've owned several Beretta 92's. I've shot thousands of rounds through them and never had a jamb or misfire. As you start shooting it, I think you'll like it. They are a little heavier than other guns with lighter materials being used, but I don't think you'll have an issue with the weight.

Good Luck with it...

It was a touch on the pricey side, but I have always wanted one. I'll admit that it was an impulse buy, but I couldn't be happier. I like the size the size and weight of it actually. I had never shot a pistol until I bought this guy and I was pretty damn accurate with it.

my dad has had a 92FS since 1992 and has since handed it down to me. it was the handgun i learned to shoot with i still love it many thousands of rounds later still works like a champ. i have however found a new love in the walther PPQ and looking at picking one up, but i will always keep the 92 close by.