Rilfe in vehicle question

Tractor

Not that I have a real good reason to carry my AR around, but was just thinking about a situation and thought I'd give the gun crew a shot at the answer.

I can get military style mounts to put mount my AR in my deuce and a half in one of the proper positions. its already got the mounting holes drilled and threaded inserts installed. I'll I'd need is the brackets. ORC 2923.16 C 3 and 4 seems to say I'd be fine.

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(A) No person shall knowingly discharge a firearm while in or on a motor vehicle.

(B) No person shall knowingly transport or have a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle in such a manner that the firearm is accessible to the operator or any passenger without leaving the vehicle.

© No person shall knowingly transport or have a firearm in a motor vehicle, unless the person may lawfully possess that firearm under applicable law of this state or the United States, the firearm is unloaded, and the firearm is carried in one of the following ways:

(1) In a closed package, box, or case;

(2) In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

(3) In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose;

(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight.

It isn't a huge issue, but would be a neat addition when I go to shows and I wouldn't have to bring along a case, and have it in and out of the vehicle any more than necessary to prevent mishaps. I could just lock it in place and go.