12 gauge Upper for AR10

Diamonds

I'm a fan of multiple caliber options off the same lower. To me, it's all about having the right tool for the job. This isn't for duck hunting, and it is not concealed carry. But, I can see the value in transitioning from an open patrol area, to coming into an urban area and being #1 to go through the door. I like the option to change over to some buck shot to help out.

I'm a fan of multiple caliber options off the same lower. To me, it's all about having the right tool for the job. This isn't for duck hunting, and it is not concealed carry. But, I can see the value in transitioning from an open patrol area, to coming into an urban area and being #1 to go through the door. I like the option to change over to some buck shot to help out.

So the only people who are gonna buy it are mall ninjas. Gotcha.

You have to be the narrowest minded, knowledgeable person on this forum. Many people here don’t own supercars, but hell, I don’t mind seeing somoene post about them and what they can do. Of course they aren’t the best for getting groceries, but they are neat.

You have to be the narrowest minded, knowledgeable person on this forum. Many people here don’t own supercars, but hell, I don’t mind seeing somoene post about them and what they can do. Of course they aren’t the best for getting groceries, but they are neat.

Yeah and you can still drive it to dinner and put pump gas in it. This upper requires special ammo and would be worthless for anything other than blasting paper. Hell at least people can use a saiga for 3 gun clays and yotes. If they had invented one that fed regular 12 gauge ammo and had changeable chokes, it would be something worth talking about. Especially as a stable slug gun.

It is much faster and easier just to have a Remington 1100/1187 as a spare than this shotgun upper? You can just grab the remington 1187 and it is good to go. With this upper, you would have take off the ar10 upper then swap this one on, charge it and be a giant waste of time. Not even mentioning the special ammo it takes. I find it pointless and more hype. Cool concept, but not very practical.

I can appreciate the diverse outlooks on this upper. And for 98% of people, there is a different way to do business that still gets the job done. For the military application and functionality, I see it's value as much as a M203. If I can have the ability to change out the upper Vs carrying a full size shotgun, the bulk and weight reduction would provide far more maneuverability. We carry spare barrels for our machine guns, this is no different to me for gear already being carried. So, for our service members who have to hump all their shit everywhere, I think it's a neat option.As for the special ammo, all ammo was special before it became a well known caliber.

This has been out for some time now....

I just saw it on slickguns today. Had no idea it wasn't fresh. How long's it been out? They said they launched it 6 -7months ago.

Like I said. I like when a company attempts new things. I think its good for the industry (within reason, the exception is JJFU).

The 12ga upper is neat but the price is too steep for what it is. Perhaps the price will come down in the future. Found this randomly:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/924184574/MKA1919_Akdal_Semi_Automatic_12Ga_20_5_1_AR_2mag_FREE_SHIPPIN.htm

Might be crap. Edit: read here http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_akdal_mka_1919_p1.php

I read a lot about the bullpup unlimited stocks and they seem to be pretty solid. Only questionable piece was the trigger mechanism is connected by a bar.

Edited by everlight44