1987 Merkur XR4Ti Build

99StockGT

Nice thing about running a parts store I've got pretty great access to parts/pricing ;) Damn car addictions...why can't I just have a drug problem instead?

I have a wife problem, that's why my car is not finished yet... :dumb:

Just kidding, kids are expensive.

anyways sounds like a fun ride at 20psi, any idea what kind of numbers its putting down at the moment?

At this point so much has changed since it was last dyno'd I don't really want to speculate too much but when it was run before it did 260hp 295torque. Its definitely got plenty of throw you in your seat turbo kick. We should be able to dial it up higher as we continue to shake things out though. Right now I'm just being careful not to blow the damn thing up at the beginning of summer.

Have a feeling there's a new Intake Air Temp cooling solution in my very near future..

Well I don't want to let go of ALL my secrets, kinda spoils the fun when you pull up in a faded red ford escourt and people don't know what to make of it ;)

At this point I unfortunately am probably up spending a decent chunk of change on a new programmable/tunable computer. Which means I'm either going PiMP or Megasquirt I think, unfortunately I've not done much on this side of things in the past and don't know where the best bang for the buck comes from. Anyone have experience working with either?

Going to put in some sensors to watch temps as well before going much higher, I have my intercooler hidden pretty well however in doing so it also cuts down on the amount of air that can flow to it so an IAT is going to be important.

Currently I'm running a VERY safe timing, can stand to probably take 10-12 degrees of timing out of her with the boost we are running from what I can tell. As she leans out more and more power comes on.... then we get to the adjustable cam gear...oh wait add that to the mods list!

And three new high flow electric fans....