Does anyone use google docs v. spreadsheet

Ramsey

Im trying to simulate conditional formatting in excel.

I need the sum total cell to turn green if it equals the first cell.

Example:

first cell is the "stated" total, then next few cells add up to the "actual" total. I need it to show me quickly when they dont match.

Mine doesnt show "custom format"

Mine didn't either. I had to follow the directions on that page in order to "Try the New Google Sheets", and it still didn't show up. I created a new document and it was there, so I'm guessing Google isn't automatically converting existing sheets to the new format.

You may be able to copy/paste everything into a new sheet (after turning on the new stuff) and get it working that way.

• Upvote 1

Mine didn't either. I had to follow the directions on that page in order to "Try the New Google Sheets", and it still didn't show up. I created a new document and it was there, so I'm guessing Google isn't automatically converting existing sheets to the new format.

You may be able to copy/paste everything into a new sheet (after turning on the new stuff) and get it working that way.

PLUS REP!!!!!!!!

fixed it!

I down loaded the new sheets and imported the working excel file, and everything works!