WTB: dog training collar and/or fence

cstmg8

Don't have a used, and I'm not sure the fence itself is very "removable". Collars obviously could be.

If you end up having one installed, go with DogWatch, not invisible fence. Dogwatch is way cheaper, and the system is identical. I also know the guy who reps DogWatch in Columbus, and he will take care of you and ensure that your dog is trained, understands the boundaries, etc. Good people to work with.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Years ago I had one that I installed myself. It was simple, just a spool of wire that you press/bury around the perimeter of he yard.

I second staying away from Invisible fence. They are way over priced. Have you looked in to doing it yourself? Home Depot and lowes sells systems for $195+ the wire you would need. They aren't that hard to install. That's a lot better than the $2500 quote we got from Invisible Fence. Just FYI

We use a training collar and have boundary training with our trainer, doing that tomorrow actually. Depending on how that goes, we may skip the fence idea. Cabelas has collars with a mile of range for $179. Finding one used would be great, but I think they have a coupon for $25 off a purchase of $125 or more.

Just FYI.