Another "what to buy" thread-SUV edition!

coltboostin

Acura MDX?

I'm not sure about the earlier models, but the newer ones have a third row of seats, can tow, have navigation, sunroof, etc. We have a 2011 and have had zero issues with it. Drives like a sedan. Again, can't vouch for earlier models (which I think would be more around your target price range).

No opinions on the SRX? Great price point for what you get, but I cant find much about the motor/trans combo in terms of reliability. I also cant find if it has a tow rating.

This is why. Northstar is fucking junk. 04-09 has a 3.6l V6 or a 4.6 Northstar. That V6 came in just about anything under the sun for GM, STS, Malibu, G6, G8, Torrent, etc. 10+ had a few improvements from what I read.

I'm onboard for a Diesel VW. Has everything you want with the resale.

acadia or Saturn aura...same vehicle as srx...cheaper

Through 09 at least the SRX is not the same as the Acadia/Traverse/Enclave and Satun Outlook... Different chassis altogether, and the Saturn Aura is 4 door midsize car.

SRX up to 09 were RWD or AWD, and rode on a version of the CTS/STS platform.

acadia or Saturn aura...same vehicle as srx...cheaper

The Aura is a 4 door sedan on the same platform as the Malibu. The Outlook is a 7 passenger SUV that is shared with the Acadia. The SRX is a 5 passenger (currently, for first gen see post above mine) that rides on a 'premium version of the Equinox/Terrain platform. None of the vehicle's you mentioned are related.

How much are you wanting the tow? I know a shitload of people who pull the max 5k lbs allowed and some, in a few cases. I know that's not full-size body on frame action but it's something. This is with the v6 4x4 like ours, though.

Also, the actual Toyota trailer hitch is a much better and far different affair than any other brand you would buy, as well. Far more robust and better engineered from the looks of it.

Edited by ImUrOBGYN

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2470/3461/31174230011_large.jpg?v=0

Savage

How much are you wanting the tow? I know a shitload of people who pull the max 5k lbs allowed, and some in a few cases, in the RAV. I know that's not full size body on frame action but it's something. This is with the v6 4x4 like ours, though. Also, the actual Toyota trailer hitch is a much better and far different affair than any other brand you would buy, as well. Far more robust and better engineered from the looks.

The v6 Rav is on the radar- too bad they don't offer the new one in a V6

This is why. Northstar is fucking junk. 04-09 has a 3.6l V6 or a 4.6 Northstar. That V6 came in just about anything under the sun for GM, STS, Malibu, G6, G8, Torrent, etc. 10+ had a few improvements from what I read..

Is the 3.6 DOHC/northstar based?