No more 7N6 imports :(

jjjxlr8

Apparently the good 'ole BATFE has decided to ban the import of steel core 5.45x39. This was the inexpensive Russian and Bulgarian ammo that you could buy for $360/2160 round crate.

I suppose this will play out just like the Chinese steel core 7.62x39 ammo. If you have some, you might want to hang onto it for a few months...the supply from the retail outlets is going to be gone in a few days and prices will rise.

And I just received a new 5,45x39 SGL31-68! :(

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/jjjxlr8/Arsenal%20SGL31-68/IMG_0300_zpsf88038a3.jpg

Edited by jjjxlr8

They have re-classified it as "armor piercing pistol ammo" because they've finally caught on to vendors that are marketing 5.45x39 pistols.

I wish vendors would use their greedy little heads when making stupid products like this. The 7.62x39 AKM pistols (Dracos) are what led to the ban of cheap steel core 7.62x39 ammo back in '94. Now the same thing is happening with 5.45x39. The only reason the steel core 5.56x45 (M855) isn't banned is because it's used in Civilian Marksmenship matches and has been deemed as ammo for "sporting use." It won't surprise me at all, though, if the BATFE one day just decides it shouldn't be allowed either because of all these goofy AR15 "pistols."

I think these "pistols" are pretty worthless, anyway. The only thing they are good for is making into an SBR, IMO.

Take note...for those of you they enjoy the cheap Russian and Bulgarian 7.62X54R ammo, which is all steel core, buy it now as there are a couple of people talking about making a 7.62x54R "pistol" on the PSL platform. As soon as BATFE notices, they will ban this ammo from import, too.