Are we ready for Sawmill yet?

Doc1647545523

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume the same as tonight. HD until they get kicked, then Lowe's.

I dont get the idiots that decide the spots. You know how many times they have tried lowes at polaris? Tons of times and they always get booted the same night when a big group shows up. Have fun with that.

Part of me misses coming out to meets but for sure dont miss this cat and mouse crap.

I miss the ips//thrift store meets

Seeing a lot of talk about meeting on the west side, screw that. Not going to venture down to broad street.

I think it's going to take a business owner to step up and allow it. Otherwise everybody will just keep jumping spots.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/emoticons/confused0006.gif Hmmmm. I may have to reconsider this for now.

Last night I went from Quaker (good group of cars, but shut down after 9), to Best Buy, to Circuit City, to Home Depot, to Sonic, and then to Lowes. They had anywhere from zero to 25 cars. Had there been more cars, I feel certain they would have been shut down (HD actually was, as you read above).

Today had Cars & Coffee, autocross in Circleville, the Ohio Mile, and Timmayfest -- plenty of car events to enjoy.

I'm wondering if those of us who go to these things need to think a little more broadly about what we'd like to see in a night meet--what it is that we really enjoy about them--and then make it what we want rather than letting the ricer element make the decisions. CR doesn't endorse or host any of these and I don't see any reason they should.

I'm well aware it's been debated numerous times before. I just feel that it might be worth thinking more unconventionally and deliberately about what we want and need that we don't already have with our daytime events.

I have no proposals in mind and don't really want to moderate the debate. I'm just throwing out an observation. I haven't even made up my own mind about it yet. :p But I'm interested in any new ideas people have.

I work at Lowe's Polaris. "Lowe's" is fine with people meeting there. As long as you are respectful, clean, keep sounds to a reasonable level, etc. Please keep in mind a few things, there is ALWAYS a police officer that sits near that location. We do have many apartments/condos/homes directly behind the building.

I did speak with a few of you the last couple nights, everyone I spoke with was great.

maybe try GP Karting...talk to the owners? I would think they might be ok with it?

They don't want a nighttime gatherings. They are open late, and the things that are getting people kicked out of the other places, are not what you want your customers to have to deal with.

There's always the option of MY store up on 23 though that would be a bit far for most people for sure. I've talked to myself and myself says he's fine with it as long as we clean up after ourselves and don't get TOO rowdy :)

That's a good location. I remember meeting there a few times 2-3 years ago, although IIRC the parking lot lights were off those nights. I think you'd have fewer street racers there, as it's too tight for trailers when the lot fills. I think it'd be a great spot with the lights on (fewer illegal activities). Police and OHP keep a close watch along there. Steak & Shake open 24 hrs. right behind. If you decide to try it, Austin, I'd be sure there is at least one trash can handy.

Are there parking lot cameras?

I dont get the idiots that decide the spots. You know how many times they have tried lowes at polaris? Tons of times and they always get booted the same night when a big group shows up. Have fun with that.

Part of me misses coming out to meets but for sure dont miss this cat and mouse crap.

I miss the ips//thrift store meets

I did have fun with it. We were out there until 1 this morning before people left...on their on terms.