Help: STI Satin Pearl White paint touch up.

NashobaFennec

So for a few months I have been researching on different forums for what is the best touch up paint for the tricolor "satin pearl white," with little to no good idea. My goal is to find a near perfect match to the original paint. This is only a temporary solution because late in the summer I am going to completely repaint the front fender, the hood, and the rear with the SPW. Sadly I just do not have the time or expense to do it now and it looks bad.

Has anyone ever fixed chips in this color before from Subaru? If so please help. I dont want to drop the money on a product that will look so off you can spot it from arms length away.

Also, has anyone every used dr. colorchip with this color? We just used it to fix a few scratches in my friends red Prius and it was a perfect match.

Good luck. Every shop I've ever talked to have said that no two factory runs of Subaru's pearl colors are exactly the same, and it's damn near impossible to get an exact match. Had a OBP and SWP WRX, had the STi spoiler put on both, and had fender repaired on the OBP one, and talked to another shop about color correcting the rear bumper on my SWP WRX cuz dirty exhaust, four different locations, all said the same about the paint.

PS, by chance, are you the guy with the white STi at the McCoy Center? Black wheels with a red rim stripe?

Good luck. Every shop I've ever talked to have said that no two factory runs of Subaru's pearl colors are exactly the same, and it's damn near impossible to get an exact match. Had a OBP and SWP WRX, had the STi spoiler put on both, and had fender repaired on the OBP one, and talked to another shop about color correcting the rear bumper on my SWP WRX cuz dirty exhaust, four different locations, all said the same about the paint.

PS, by chance, are you the guy with the white STi at the McCoy Center? Black wheels with a red rim stripe?

I am not. I am near Brice and No Bixby

And thank you for the reply. I was worried about the color when I got it. if worse comes to worse there is always plastidipping the car and then using the pearlizer and glossifier.

Ok so I ended up experimenting with the touch-up paint from Subaru. On the smaller stuff it works great, and on scratches. On the larger chip you can see it does not match perfectly but its pretty darn close. Using the Turtle wax scratch remover kit makes the chips disappear completely. So rejoice, there is some hope after all for us SPW scoobie owners. Ill take pics later and show the work.