Hey Doc

yarp

What Records have you broken? And I don't like this "Timing" Trap speeds.......I figured what you cross at is your trap, not what you did in the middle.

I set the ECTA H/FSS standing mile record in 2012 and it still stands.

Yesterday I set the G/BFSS standing mile record.

The first letter of the code signifies engine size. For example: H = 62-92.99 cid, AA=501 cid and over.

The letters after the slash refer to chassis, fuel, street legal, and other characteristics. My class for the 86 was blown, fuel, super street. The requirements for each class are explained in detail in the ECTA rules and with few exceptions are shared across the U.S. The other sanctioned US Land Speed Racing events are SCTA (Bonneville), El Mirage, USFRA (World of Speed), LTA in Maine, and the Texas Mile.

I'm under the impression that all the events use the same method for determining official speed. They time your pass through a short trap at the end of the mile course. I'm no expert in this, so if someone knows different, feel free to pipe up. I'm told that the timing equipment costs upwards of twenty large, and I know it calculates speed to a ten thousandth of a mph.

I set the ECTA H/FSS standing mile record in 2012 and it still stands.

What did you set that one in?

I'm tuning the car in D/FALT and then I'll swap to D/FSS and smash that one. Its pretty soft right now at 139.whatever

What was your class record and speed? You told me today but I'm not sure I'd get it right to recount it here.

None, looks like I got bitchslapped by 10MPH after I left Sunday. I guess I had a record just long enough to get the t-shirt and plate bracket, literally.

BTW, there's a record posted right next to yours that says 183.3741

did you stay all day Sunday?

RRRRrrrrrr I got whooped by a fucking fox body. Now its personal.

And he switched from a gas to a fuel class. I didn't know you could do that. No other records by him so he had to switch classes to break my soft record.

Fargin' Bastage

BTW, there's a record posted right next to yours that says 183.3741

did you stay all day Sunday?

Yeah, I was there until there were only a dozen cars left.

If you broke the record that was standing at the beginning of the weekend, your timeslip will show that you're the new record holder, even if someone else earlier that weekend had a faster time. This keeps people from fighting over line placement. So, if the old record was 150, and Bob ran 200 on Saturday and you ran 151 on Sunday, both you and Bob set new records.

For $50 you can switch classes. If you can't break the record in your Gas class, pay $50, pour a fuel additive in your tank, and run in the Fuel class. There are guys who disconnect spark plugs to change classes. :lolguy:

At least you have someone close to chase. I'm not sure I'm willing to install a cage and drag chute to go after Mr. 183 mph. BTW, he ran 237 mph in the Standing Mile in his Evo a few years back:

The Viewt record held up, though. :fuckyeah:

I'm under the impression that all the events use the same method for determining official speed. They time your pass through a short trap at the end of the mile course. I'm no expert in this, so if someone knows different, feel free to pipe up. I'm told that the timing equipment costs upwards of twenty large, and I know it calculates speed to a ten thousandth of a mph.

Yup. Last 132 feet. Have a similar trap at mid course to get your speed there too.

It's not as easy as it looks, is it? Especially trying to stay within a few miles per hour of a given speed. For me it was pretty easy doing the required 135 and 150 passes. On the 175 pass I thought I was going too fast, then realized I was going too slow and nailed it again coming into the last few hundred feet of the traps to get it 'just right'. Whew. 200 was similar but I thought I was too fast (based on the shift light) and let up just a tad early.

Looking forward to not having to mess with that any more this year. Just go stand on it and see how fast it really goes :) (I guess if I bust though 250 I'd just take my ass chewing with good grace - LOL)

Congrats on your two records! :fuckyeah: