$399 Xbox One without Kinect coming June 9

Rally Pat

Surprised it took this long...I have a day one edition and have never used Kinect yet...

Haven't had mine plugged in since before Titanfall came out. It's a nice tool for those who truly use the One as a centerpiece of their entertainment setup but since all I really do is play games on my console (right now) I have no need for it.

BTW - MS has been making tons of little announcements leading up to E3 next month. They need to do something because the One sold just 115k consoles in April. The 360 never sold so few in the month of April through its entire lifespan.

Halo 5, the Halo "journey", removing the pay wall for apps, $399 Kinect-less version, etc., etc. all BEFORE E3. Must be some mind-blowing stuff in store for their E3 presentation.

The biggest issue with both systems was the lack of release games that were any good. Second Son was there, TitanFall was "good" I guess. Games that spark interest for me will start to come out this fall. No reason for me to buy both or one of the system's to play average games that were rushed to be released. I do think, well really hope that E3 will have some awesome announcements like anything Halo, next Mass Effect, more Destiny, Far Cry 4 and so on.