Sending gun to Ruger for repair

nurkvinny

Well, after all these years of getting lucky with sticking to quality names, I think I have to have my Ruger SR22 repaired.

It routinely fails to fire double action. Only fires if you cock it first.

Can you guys share your experiences with sending in firearms for repair? Did it go smooth? Duration? PITA?

Last time I sent a firearm in for warranty work, they sent me an overnight label to stick on the box, I dropped it off at UPS/Fedex, and it was returned to my doorstep a week later NO CHARGE. Some manuf's make you ship it to them on your dime, have to overnight a pistola, but usually they send it back in perfect shape no questions asked. Sometimes you'll even find a surprise magazine or something else worn/broken got replaced, or updated with revised parts too.

I had to send my Shield in for the trigger issue. The emailed me a shipping label, printed it out, took it to Fedex already packaged. A couple weeks later Fedex was banging on my door wanting me to sign for it. That's the biggest thing is you have to sign for it when it gets back to you, it's required when shipping guns.

Can you just have it repaired locally and have Ruger pay for it?

Highly doubtful