So now we negotiate with terrorists?

wagner

So, we trade 5 of the worst for one guy who pretty much gave his brothers in arms the bird and walked off base?

I have a SERIOUS problem with this. I have never served, but have many friends and family who have, they give up so much, and this is a slap in their face.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/02/how-bergdahl-could-become-bergdahlzi/

not sure if this article is total right wing nut job bullshit, but it does seem to have the same information/facts that a lot of other articles have.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main issue is that you are believing what you see in the media. The media of any type is mostly bullshit these days, can't stand watching the news.

However, I do agree, if this is true its 100% bullshit that our government would do this and not to mention all the soldiers that died trying to rescue this fool.

I think the main issue is that you are believing what you see in the media. The media of any type is mostly bullshit these days, can't stand watching the news.

I'm looking at this not from the media spin, but from the fact we traded 5 bad dudes, for one guy that walked off from his base.

I could give zero fucks how it makes any of these DC people look, they are already scum to me.

Maybe its just me, but I have a real problem with this, and I'm ok with being wrong in some people's minds.

We now negotiate with terrorists to free a deserter/traitor, who we lost 6 troops to search for. In the process freeing 5 of the more dangerous fucksticks we had tied up in prison. All while flipping congress the bird on their silly little laws and requirements to be consulted with about it first.

The discipline of our military members is astounding, to follow the current regime after the fucking they've had since the beginning of 2009.

The thing that really bothers me too is the path we could be sent down now.

What's to stop more of these fucktards from just taking other Americans under the thought process of "well they gave us 5 dudes back for the traitor, what will they give us for this pretty lady and her kids?"

I guess thinking of that was just a bit to much?

The thing that really bothers me too is the path we could be sent down now.

What's to stop more of these fucktards from just taking other Americans under the thought process of "well they gave us 5 dudes back for the traitor, what will they give us for this pretty lady and her kids?"

I guess thinking of that was just a bit to much?

Yea that is the part that really worries me about this ordeal. Setting a precedent of "we'll give in just don't hurt us"

Yea that is the part that really worries me about this ordeal. Setting a precedent of "we'll give in just don't hurt us"

You should also be worried that this big picture item was not thought of by the very people making the call....

So what, you think US intel is just going to let those guys walk away, say "fair trade" and wash their hands of this? I guarantee they're going to be on those 5 bastards like flies on shit and they're probably going to be a hell of a lot more useful in helping us track down more important figures in the Taliban.

What use is a prisoner whose most recent intel is 6 years old? A LOT has happened in 6 years. If they're not just murdered by their own for suspicion of being followed/turned, they'll be followed/turned to our advantage.

The U.S. gov't may be stupid but at least knows you never go full intel retard.

So what, you think US intel is just going to let those guys walk away, say "fair trade" and wash their hands of this? I guarantee they're going to be on those 5 bastards like flies on shit and they're probably going to be a hell of a lot more useful in helping us track down more important figures in the Taliban.

What use is a prisoner whose most recent intel is 6 years old? A LOT has happened in 6 years. If they're not just murdered by their own for suspicion of being followed/turned, they'll be followed/turned to our advantage.

This is what I was thinking. No way they just give those guys back and wipe their hands of them. It would be naive to think otherwise.

Bingo.

I thought we had nothing on these 5 guys to keep them in prison. If we tried them in court they would have no proof to convict of other than "Being a bad human". I don't think we negotiated with terrorists but Qatar sure did. Lets talk about how awesome they are.