Wheel color..

Draco-REX

So the BRZ wheels I made the big thread about don't fit over the new brakes. Grrr.. I have another set coming, but I'll be powdercoating them right off the bat because silver will look like crap.

Black car, BRIGHT yellow calipers, these wheels:

(Yeah, yeah. Rotas.. I've been on both sides of the argument.)

I was originally thinking black wheels. But I thought I'd involve the CR Collective to get some other ideas on colors.

Other ideas:

Black w/ single yellow spoke

Black face with yellow barrel

I have to say, every time you post the first thing I think is how the hell do you afford all of this working at Advanced auto?? ;)

On topic- Bronze. I think one bright spoke would look like a 15 year old's dream.

I have to say, every time you post the first thing I think is how the hell do you afford all of this working at Advanced auto?? ;)

On topic- Bronze. I think one bright spoke would look like a 15 year old's dream.

I'm actually at Dennis Hyundai now. Still slingin' parts.

I don't mind bronze on black for Subarus. But I think with the bright yellow calipers behind, bronze will just look like like mud.

Maybe I'll just do all black or dark graphite with a flourescent yellow APEX on one spoke. It'd be a nod towards this:

http://img03.carview.co.jp/trade/img06/cars/596988/13327627/japan%20car/1986+toyota+sprinter+trueno/06.jpg

And my love of corners.

I'm actually at Dennis Hyundai now. Still slingin' parts.

I don't mind bronze on black for Subarus. But I think with the bright yellow calipers behind, bronze will just look like like mud.

Maybe I'll just do all black or dark graphite with a flourescent yellow APEX on one spoke. It'd be a nod towards this:

http://img03.carview.co.jp/trade/img06/cars/596988/13327627/japan%20car/1986+toyota+sprinter+trueno/06.jpg

And my love of corners.

Still-dealers must pay a LOT more than they used to! I managed an Autozone, and ran in the parts department for a Jag/Volvo Rover dealer back in the day, and back then I'd be happy to buy a used s4, like a 1992. :dumb:

OT, I don't get the APEX this, is that a fad I have not heard about or just your own idea? Are you going for the Volk look but just having it your way? Not hating just trying to understand your methodology.

Still-dealers must pay a LOT more than they used to! I managed an Autozone, and ran in the parts department for a Jag/Volvo Rover dealer back in the day, and back then I'd be happy to buy a used s4, like a 1992. :dumb:

OT, I don't get the APEX this, is that a fad I have not heard about or just your own idea? Are you going for the Volk look but just having it your way? Not hating just trying to understand your methodology.

It's not my only source of income.

As for my thinking, I want to tie in my calipers in some way. Originally, I had the RPF1s which had bright yellow logos. So I matched the calipers to the logos. But then I found out that the wheels won't fit. So now I'm going the opposite direction and trying to tie the wheels to the calipers.

There's no thing to Apex. Just trying to come up with something other than a solid yellow spoke. As for the single spoke thing, I think I saw it on Ken Block's car before Volk started doing it. I like it because the human eye prefers balanced/symmetrical things so just doing one spoke is eye catching. Using yellow to match the calipers should be just enough to keep the calipers from looking out of place.

On my old STI, the gold calipers helped break up the black on black look since I had black wheels. I want to have a similar, but more overt, effect with the BRZ.

There's no thing to Apex. Just trying to come up with something other than a solid yellow spoke. As for the single spoke thing, I think I saw it on Ken Block's car before Volk started doing it. I like it because the human eye prefers balanced/symmetrical things so just doing one spoke is eye catching. Using yellow to match the calipers should be just enough to keep the calipers from looking out of place.

But, I think of a single BRIGHT spoke as being a nuance to the eye-think of a Fan missing a blade.

This guy gets it.

Then, out of curiosity, what makes this any different than buying wheels that are already black?

I can see the argument, sorta, if I were changing the color of the stock wheels. But I see no difference with aftermarket wheels.

I can see the argument, sorta, if I were changing the color of the stock wheels. But I see no difference with aftermarket wheels.

Good point.

It's just a huge peeve of mine, all the kids and the painted wheels thinking they are being all "different" :fa: So I have a knee-jerk reaction.

It may cost hundreds of dollars for a quality custom powdercoat job, but the first impression I invariably get is "broke-ass high school kid".

Anyways, 86 is looking good. Interested to see what you settle on.