C7 Z06 confirmed at 650bhp/650tq

Das Borgen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait until the New TT CTS-V comes out :)

From everything I've read the TT motor isn't going into the CTS-V. At 420hp Cadillac would be taking a step backwards if they did that. It's going to be the top of line motor for the CTS.

Is the CTS Vsport any different than the CTS V?

Yes - not the same. The Vsport is available now (twin turbo V6 which is going to be the motor for the ATSv read somewhere)- the CTSv is coming. It will likely get the Z06 motor (supercharged LT4)

Everything is becoming more expensive and I'm not making any more money.

Man I so hear you. I set my sights on a car/platform but there is always something new for more $$$$ that blows it away.

• 2 months later...
Oh you know it. I heard with the hellcat they're going to be vigilante about that

On the flip side, dealers with huge markups can get stuck with cars. There are two dealers with fully loaded 2013 Viper GTS's discounted to $95k. MSRP was $140k.

Oh you know it. I heard with the hellcat they're going to be vigilante about that

Like....Dodge is going to be watching so dealers don't mark them up OR dealers have free reign and will mark them up double MSRP? I guessing you mean the latter.

On the flip side, dealers with huge markups can get stuck with cars. There are two dealers with fully loaded 2013 Viper GTS's discounted to $95k. MSRP was $140k.

Viper sales are slacking regardless, those should have been sold at 75k

Viper sales are slacking regardless, those should have been sold at 75k

It's a hand-assembled, hand-painted vehicle in extremely low production numbers, it's not built on the scale of the Corvette and never will be. They claim to have an entire production year's worth of customer orders, but dealers ordered stock that they couldn't sell (people wanted the vehicle built to their spec) so they shut down for a few weeks to clear out dealer stock from the pipeline.

The other reason dealers can gouge prices is when the production is limited, which Dodge has said they will not do with the Hellcat. If you want one, you can have it. That should also help dealer markup.

I wonder how bad zr1 prices will start to drop? My local dealer has one but it's the same price as a new z......

Cool car, and 78 is very fair...

I think C6 prices are going to drop like a ROCK now!

Who would pay $70-90k for a USED ZR1 when you can get a new latest and greatest Z06 for that price?

It's a hand-assembled, hand-painted vehicle in extremely low production numbers, it's not built on the scale of the Corvette and never will be. They claim to have an entire production year's worth of customer orders, but dealers ordered stock that they couldn't sell (people wanted the vehicle built to their spec) so they shut down for a few weeks to clear out dealer stock from the pipeline.

The other reason dealers can gouge prices is when the production is limited, which Dodge has said they will not do with the Hellcat. If you want one, you can have it. That should also help dealer markup.

IMO Dodge priced themselves out of the market with the Viper update and lack of performance changes. Not to mention stupid dealers tried to add $10-30k+ market adjustment on top which pretty much killed sales for anyone on the fence and only a few were willing after that..

Now that the Hellcat is released they just tightened the rope around it's neck. They better add another 150hp+ and an optional paddle shift trans to it ASAP if they want to save it.

Who would pay $70-90k for a USED ZR1 when you can get a new latest and greatest Z06 for that price?

IMO Dodge priced themselves out of the market with the Viper update and lack of performance changes. Not to mention stupid dealers tried to add $10-30k+ market adjustment on top which pretty much killed sales for anyone on the fence and only a few were willing after that..

Now that the Hellcat is released they just tightened the rope around it's neck. They better add another 150hp+ and an optional paddle shift trans to it ASAP if they want to save it.

Exactly, The viper is simply not worth anywhere near what they want, tons of competition and much better cars for the value....

Checking the forums, there are already lots of rumors of the Viper getting S/C'd.

Either way, on topic, the new Z06 is a huge performance bargain and I'm sure they will sell a lot of them.

Checking the forums, there are already lots of rumors of the Viper getting S/C'd.

Either way, on topic, the new Z06 is a huge performance bargain and I'm sure they will sell a lot of them.

When Corvettes and Vipers get in a pissing contest, everybody wins :megusta:

• 1 month later...

so the automatic is faster... http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-corvette-z06-hits-0-60-in-2-95-seconds-is-stu-1641216532

yow.

the zero to 60 mph dash is done in 2.95 seconds, and it will run a 10.95 second quarter mile.

There's a catch here, and it's a big catch: those crazy numbers are with the new 8-speed automatic. The 7-speed manual-equipped Z06 does zero to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and the quarter mile in 11.2 seconds.