Frame Painting - GM Truck Frame

MattKatz

I am in search of a good black frame paint. My frame isn't rusted but is a bit dull from some mileage. 2006 Chevy truck, 252K on it, just did a lift and now its a lot more noticeable, so I figured Id at least do the outside and the front suspension pieces. I know it has that damn GM wanna-be undercoating on it, so I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't want to get to labor intensive and it doesn't have to be perfect but it has to stay on the frame. I do actually hobby paint bikes and parts fairly regularly so spraying something out of a gun isn't an issue as I have a few, but even my paint supply house (Ohio Auto Kolor) isn't sure what to use. I know a lot of guys will say Por15 and then OAK suggested Chassis saver, both of which come in a flat and Satin I think, because I don't want anything gloss on the frame, I don't want it to stand out, I just want to clean it up. I'm not against using the Por15 or Chassis saver, but both are about $100/Gal and both say if used in direct sunlight they need top coated. I know the Frame isn't "Direct sunlight" but it could see a fair amount, especially now that its lifted, and I am sure its the UV that will alter the color of these without a topcoat. I'm up for suggestions here if someone has a reasonable solution.

Talk to me guys.