Product review. Bushnell optic

Mojoe

This review is for the Bushnell First Strike Micro red dot optic.

http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/first-strike-hirise#

These retail for $99 at Vances, all the way up to $169.

I bought this yesterday for a combat carbine close quarters class I'm going to this weekend. I have a good optic, but have been entertaining going to a micro to save bulk and weight. I like that this one is able to self adjust to lighting, and that saves on the battery too. It was all I was looking for to still have good field of view and not be bulky. However, after working through a 50M zero, it just would not hold the zero. the windage and elevation adjustments are not notched and tuned easily. I assume the vibration and gravity with the easy to move adjustments, is what allowed the zero to fall away.

For the short time the zero did hold, here's what I noticed. Shooting at 25m and less, was a drastic difference in point of aim and point of impact by 6"-8". I've not experienced this with any of my other optics. After 120 rounds of chasing zero and adjusting for every distance, I had enough.

For the price, I was not expecting to be blown away. From the name brand, I was expecting at the very least, to have a solid functioning optic. I will be returning it.

I haven't been able to find much for reviews on these. I did see a vid of a guy returning his second one with a crack in the glass. He was using 12g.Even if it is a bad one, don't have the time to swap and rezero. I'll stick to the ones I have and entertain another way to reduce bulk.

The only red dots cheaper than Aimpoints that are worth buying are primary arms. They have micro dots on sale today too, so hurry and order one.

I got one from them silly cheap on a black Friday sale. Right on up close and banging steel at 200 yards.

I've got a Primary Arms Aimpoint clone on my rifle. It's been a pretty good optic; I've got zero complaints. I did have an issue with a magnifier I purchased with the sight, and PA went above and beyond to fix it for me.

I would just get a Vortex Sparc. I love mine, never had an issue or hear that people have issues. Onlything that sucks is the battery life. But you can expect that will all the non-aimpoint optics. Just gotta remember to turn it off.. lol