Anyone trekking to Import Alliance at Kentucky Speedway July 19th?

Doc1647545523

Last year a few of us from CR met up before getting in line at the gate, but we didn't travel together. I'm curious if anyone is heading down and if so, if they want to meet at some point or even travel together.

Info:

http://importalliance.org/summer-meet-kentucky-speedway/

Video from last year:

I saw a few domestic performance cars there, not many, though, and no old domestics or old muscle cars. It's not really an issue. You park with everyone else.

I discovered last year that people have the wrong perception of the event. I saw no one walking around drunk, no fights, no snobbery. I thought that since I was old enough to be a grandfather to most people there, and since I wasn't driving a tuner car, then I would get the cold shoulder. Just the opposite--everyone was friendly and respectful. The staff motioned me to preferred (NOT handicapped, preferred :p) parking each day.

The local motels, however, become more like fraternity parties; noise all night, drunks asleep on the floor outside your door, guys pissing in the shrubs at the lobby door). I wanted no part of that and arranged to lodge away from that scene.

A car like yours needs no apology. However, if you're uncomfortable, drive the FTGT86FRSBRZ there and I'll drive something else. I just ask that you arrange to be at the gate when I am so that the cars can be parked together so I can keep them clean easier.

I saw a few domestic performance cars there, not many, though, and no old domestics or old muscle cars. It's not really an issue. You park with everyone else.

I discovered last year that people have the wrong perception of the event. I saw no one walking around drunk, no fights, no snobbery. I thought that since I was old enough to be a grandfather to most people there, and since I wasn't driving a tuner car, then I would get the cold shoulder. Just the opposite--everyone was friendly and respectful. The staff motioned me to preferred (NOT handicapped, preferred :p) parking each day.

The local motels, however, become more like fraternity parties; noise all night, drunks asleep on the floor outside your door, guys pissing in the shrubs at the lobby door). I wanted no part of that and arranged to lodge away from that scene.

A car like yours needs no apology. However, if you're uncomfortable, drive the FTGT86FRSBRZ there and I'll drive something else. I just ask that you arrange to be at the gate when I am so that the cars can be parked together so I can keep them clean easier.

That sounds pretty good to me, what are you going to drive then?

That sounds pretty good to me, what are you going to drive then?

I'm going to drive the WRC if you'll drive the 86. I've found that the best way to avoid a long wait is to be at the gate just before 8 a.m. when it opens. I prefer sleeping at home Friday night and leaving Delaware at 4 a.m. Others go down Friday night so they don't need to get up so early Saturday. If you go separately, we'll need to meet up Saturday morning so that we can get in line together. Otherwise, the cars won't be able to park together.

LMK what your thoughts are by midweek so that I can have the cars ready.

If one were to not bring an import down....then what? Considering going down for the experience

Anthony last year there were a few high hp muscle guys out for some mexico action, beating on little Hondas and what not, well atleast till the 900+ hp maro blew up and had to be trailed back to the hotel lol :D

I'm going to drive the WRC if you'll drive the 86. I've found that the best way to avoid a long wait is to be at the gate just before 8 a.m. when it opens. I prefer sleeping at home Friday night and leaving Delaware at 4 a.m. Others go down Friday night so they don't need to get up so early Saturday. If you go separately, we'll need to meet up Saturday morning so that we can get in line together. Otherwise, the cars won't be able to park together.

LMK what your thoughts are by midweek so that I can have the cars ready.

Think Ima pass this time, too much to do before next weeks work. Have fun!!! Sorry for any delayed response