Camaro I picked up

WideOpenThrottle

I picked up a 1967 Camaro. The car has quite of bit of work done to it. Replaced the frame rails with new ones; floor pans. A full trunk pan, put new inner and outer back wheel wells. The tail pan is new as well. The passenger side rocker panel is new. Has new body mounts on it. Come with the other rocker panel but it doesn't really need to be replaced. Come with the back seat but no front seat. It has a 4 1/2" scoop that need to be finished being blended in. It is cut and fitted. It is also setup for disc brake in the front. Some of the body panels need to be finished being blended in but a great start on them. There is not motor or trans.

What are some "must have's" for these cars? I have a built motor, Viper spec T-56 and full stand alone for it. But for lowering the car and comfort, what's the best routes to take.

I'll post pics up here shortly.

Sub Frame Connectors.

One of my closest friends and I built up his 1967 Firebird in highschool in the early 1990s and one of the things that made the largest difference to the car was the subframe connectors. Back then it was a mild crusier and daily driver, now 20 years later it's a 10 second small block on E85 and spray.

these are unit body cars and tying the front subframe to the rear just makes sense. Since it's not a resto you should consider weld in ones instead of the bolt on ones.

I am not a huge fan of the rear leaf setup on these but it's expensive to swap to something else. If you have the ability to weld and fab a coil over and 4 link conversion at least is preferred. C4 Corvette rear ends are pretty cheap these days. Air ride kit as previously mentioned is also a good way to go.

That looks like a pretty straight body. I hate those bowtie taillaights with the fire of 1000 suns though.

If you are keeping it stock leaf in the rear and don't want to look like Joe Dirt with a set of bright yellow snubber traction bars hanging down under the leaf springs the 1967 Firebirds came with factory traction bars that are well hidden under the chassis. Manual cars had a right and left while automatics only had a right. My buddy's car was originally a 326 H.O 4 speed so it had them stock and I believe they are actually still on the car in addition to a set of cal-trac bars. they look like this:

http://www.earlyfirebirds.com/products/your-storefront-is-password-protected-with-the-password-firebird-you-can-edit-or-remove-the-password-1967-firebird-traction-bars-parts

apparently, and I didn't know this till I google searched for a picture, high performance camaros came with a right side only traction bar from the factory called a radius rod. It is apparently a different setup from the firebirds:

http://www.camaros.org/radiusrod.shtml