Tearing down a house...Cost?

truckin

I'm looking into purchasing an old farmhouse with the thoughts of building another house behind it while living in the home already on the property. I'd more than likely repurpose some things inside the home and sell other items, trim, flooring etc. When it's all done I'll want to tear it down. It's approx. 1200 sqft.

Anyone have idea of what people charge to do this or has had it done? Just trying to gather info at this time. Thanks

This exact thing was happening to a house near me and ive been watching it for the past few months. Looks like a dozer finally took it down. I started to think what i would do if this would happen.

And i came to the conclusion i would call the local fire department and ask if they want to burn down the house as a training. Free training for them, and all you have is scoup up the remains. I cant see why some fire department wouldnt want to do this.

Gahanna fire department were doing this to tear down houses on hamilton road for a new shopping center.

I've considered the Local FD, problem is their are 2 smaller structures very close within 5' of the house and a few very big mature trees really close to the house as well that'll forsure get damaged if it were to be set ablaze. And I really wanna keep the other buildings and the trees.

Their is a lot of EPA issues you have to jump through to burn a house down. not all get approved.

So Burning really isn't an option.

Call up Lowendick and get an estimate. The great thing about using a demo company is they will disconnect everything, tear it down, hual the trash away, and backfill the foundation. Lowendick tore down my family's old 2200 sq ft farmhouse about 20 years ago. They did everything in 1 day.

Call up Lowendick and get an estimate. The great thing about using a demo company is they will disconnect everything, tear it down, hual the trash away, and backfill the foundation. Lowendick tore down my family's old 2200 sq ft farmhouse about 20 years ago. They did everything in 1 day.

I called them they had no interest in traveling to the site, no estimate or anything.