9mm ar using glock mags?

Radio Flyer1647545514

No personal experience with the Glock-pattern lowers. I recently purchased a Colt-pattern lower made by DDLES that I'm waiting to arrive. I went with the Colt for a few reasons. 1. I can't stand the look of the Glock version. 2. Colt mages are relatively cheap. 3. The colt version seems to be just as reliable with good mags. That said, I do appreciate the convenience and idea behind using the same mags for both your pistol and rifle but it wasn't enough to sway me towards the Glock version.

BTW, if you weren't aware, DDLES (IMO, the best out there from what I can tell) is no longer in business, so if you want one of their lowers, I suggest buying sooner rather than later as prices are already climbing rapidly. LWD also makes a Glock pattern and Zev Tech is working on one.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=915278&CAT=288

A friend of mine has put together a couple 9mm AR setups, and has had great luck with these. Currently putting together a 9mm AR pistol with a Sig "Arm Brace" and a less than 10.5" upper. Should run much better than all the Uzi mag fed setups.

No personal experience with the Glock-pattern lowers. I recently purchased a Colt-pattern lower made by DDLES that I'm waiting to arrive. I went with the Colt for a few reasons. 1. I can't stand the look of the Glock version. 2. Colt mages are relatively cheap. 3. The colt version seems to be just as reliable with good mags. That said, I do appreciate the convenience and idea behind using the same mags for both your pistol and rifle but it wasn't enough to sway me towards the Glock version.

BTW, if you weren't aware, DDLES (IMO, the best out there from what I can tell) is no longer in business, so if you want one of their lowers, I suggest buying sooner rather than later as prices are already climbing rapidly. LWD also makes a Glock pattern and Zev Tech is working on one.

DDLES is who I've been looking at.

What's the build going to cost you in the end? I'm also looking at the new JP 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags and Stag is coming out with a lower that takes the Colt mags as well.

I'm looking for Glock mags because of the availability and the cost factor vs. Colt mags. Haven't looked at the MetalForm mag prices yet to see if it would cut the cost of them down at all.

Thanks for the replies so far.

DDLES is who I've been looking at.

What's the build going to cost you in the end? I'm also looking at the new JP 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags and Stag is coming out with a lower that takes the Colt mags as well.

I'm looking for Glock mags because of the availability and the cost factor vs. Colt mags. Haven't looked at the MetalForm mag prices yet to see if it would cut the cost of them down at all.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Not sure what my end cost will be; haven't even really looked into it yet outside of buying the lower while they were still available.

The thing I liked about DDLES was the magwell was fit to the mag, not some block that's been added onto a standard AR lower.

Also, Colt-pattern mags are about 1/3-1/2 the cost of Glock 31/33 rd mags:

http://www.44mag.com/product/asc_9mm_ar_15_magazine/9mm_ar15_magazines

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCPAR9&name=C+Products+9mm+Colt+Style+Stainless+Steel+32rd+Mag&groupid=1585&fprdct=1