2000 audi a4

Ryan218

I have tried and tried to figure this out. Having no luck. I took the blower motor out and put 12 volts to it. Fan turns on. Now I have no power at the plug. I have checked the fuse for it on the side of the dash. Fuse was good. I have tried to find this so called resistor for the blower motor but in not having luck. Also the fan speed on the display. If you turn the fan up it will automatically go back down.

Anyone have an idea what to go at next?

Power at the power distribution center where the relay plugs in to? Check the terminals for corrosion? Does this car have a body control module?

It has power at the fuse on the side of the dash. But from there I have no idea as it has no power at the plug for the motor. Now I have looked all online and I can not find where this so called relay is for the blower. I've see. Something labeled as a voltage redeucer? But no location for it. I did check all out relays under the dash and everyone does not seem to have anything to do with the blower motor.

And on the bcm. No idea. It's an audi so it could have more then one for all I know lol.

It has power at the fuse on the side of the dash. But from there I have no idea as it has no power at the plug for the motor. Now I have looked all online and I can not find where this so called relay is for the blower. I've see. Something labeled as a voltage redeucer? But no location for it. I did check all out relays under the dash and everyone does not seem to have anything to do with the blower motor.

And on the bcm. No idea. It's an audi so it could have more then one for all I know lol.

Sorry, I ment fuse not relay. Time to find a wiring schematic!!!

Hmmmm it has some sort of digital display/control for the fan and a/c? Almost wonder if it is messed up or something?

I have been wondering as well. I took the face odd and cleaned it. It opens all the blend doors to switch back from defrost floor and vents as it should though.

Yea but it also changes the fan speeds right? I know the older/less technological stuff has the blower resistor you are talking about but I'm not really sure on the newer digital stuff. It could be all electronically controlled. Have you tried checking the Audi forums? I'm sure someone there has probably ran into this.

Yea but it also changes the fan speeds right? I know the older/less technological stuff has the blower resistor you are talking about but I'm not really sure on the newer digital stuff. It could be all electronically controlled. Have you tried checking the Audi forums? I'm sure someone there has probably ran into this.

Yes. Searched there. They talk of a load reduction relay by fail to say where it is.