So now we are sending 3000 of our soldiers to contract ebola...

RC K9

This may look humanitarian, but I don't think it is. Africa has resources we need in the future, along with we may be in need for help ourselves with man power in conflict or stratigic location. We do pretty good on the medical side of things, and the African goverment will pay us big for that. Risk vs. reward. We have the know how and means to contain and treat, they do not have that on a large scale. We show up wearing a cape; now we have a strong allie in land mass, resourses, and population. We will end up fighting in their civil war that has been going on for decades, and it may be a vietnam 2.0. In the mean time, I hope we don't have a large scale incedent on the home land.

The force is trying to be down sized. Keeping the troops out there and having us get $$$ by another government, even if it is resourse deals, could be benificial. The risk of exposing troops to a disease, leaders have talked it with confidance that we can protect our troops and it will be fine.

My .02

Yes, a little late to the African party, but still better than never. The Chinese are overrun most of Africa right now. They've been mined and extracted every imaginable resource there. I client of mine from Ghana just went back to visit family after seven years, she said there were more Chinese there than Ghani.

Yes, a little late to the African party, but still better than never. The Chinese are overrun most of Africa right now. They've been mined and extracted every imaginable resource there. I client of mine from Ghana just went back to visit family after seven years, she said there were more Chinese there than Ghani.

This ^. This has been my understanding, as well.