CCW & change of address

jeffro

Anyone know what the procedure is on this? Just moved and both my drivers license and CCW license have my old address listed. Should i get my drivers license changed first? I recall someone telling me i have 30 days. Delaware county is where i originally got it.

OC reads you have to notify your issuing county of you new info.

Reality, as it seems; everyone I have talked to that has notified their issuing county has felt blown off. To include myself last year. Here is what I think happens and how it works. I think the Sheriff does nothing when you call and tell them you moved out of the county. Once you update your Drivers LIC, the system updates automatically. My thought it the ORC was written that way before the system that is in place worked as it does.

Cliffs:

Call your issuing county and notify them of your move and new info, if they take it.

Please update us with your experience.

OC reads you have to notify your issuing county of you new info.

Reality, as it seems; everyone I have talked to that has notified their issuing county has felt blown off. To include myself last year. Here is what I think happens and how it works. I think the Sheriff does nothing when you call and tell them you moved out of the county. Once you update your Drivers LIC, the system updates automatically. My thought it the ORC was written that way before the system that is in place worked as it does.

Cliffs:

Call your issuing county and notify them of your move and new info, if they take it.

Please update us with your experience.

Do they even bother to issue a new card?

I will report my findings when i call later today.

• 1 month later...
This may be a little late for you but I just moved and I called the franklin county sheriff's office and they told me to photo copy my CCW and write my new address on the paper and send it in. Thats all I have to do according to the chick on the phone. If i wany a new ccw with my address it would cost 15.00.

When we moved, I called DelCo. Lady on the phone did click at the computer some (I could hear it), updated mine in about 20 seconds and actually let me do my wife's too, which must have somehow been linked to mine because it only took about 10 seconds to do hers.

I was at first very pleasantly surprised how easy it was (compared to, say, dealing with the BMV) but then later I realized it was actually pretty scary how easy it was for me to change the info on such a potentially critical government document.