CRKT knives

87GT

What PP said.

That's a chinese steel so take it for what it's worth. The only 2 mass market makers that hold a reputation for using that steel and heat treating it for best use is Kershaw and Benchmade. I carry a Kershaw that uses the same steel and it works fine. It's also a drop point tanto. Not a half serrated though. Serrated on a pocket knife/EDC is :dumb:.

But, once again, it's $20. Why not?

I have one, I think it's the previous model to that one. Screws keep falling out of it.

I have two Kershaws that I go between for daily carry, they have been perfect. I'll get links when I'm on my computer instead of tablet but one is the same price and the other is about $40, so still very reasonably priced.

This is the CRKT that I have.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Kershaw Guy has great deals on Kershaw blems

Right now they don't have much in stock. I have a Tanto Blur blem, couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. Terrific value, and its my carry knife when I'm not going to work. The Blur's are spring assist (NOT automatic). Seems like a very high quality blade, especially at blem pricing.

My daily carry for work is a Vapor III but it looks like those have been discontinued.

Honestly, my suggestion would be if you want a serrated blade buy this blur and if you don't want a serrated blade buy this blur. It's not much more money than that CRKT and a much better knife.

I have had a couple crkt throwaways and never had a problem. I personally have been happy with all of the ones I have owned. On a side note their customer service is great too. I lost a screw for the clip and when I called they just mailed me 3 replacements with the allen key. Zero questions asked.

For $20 who cares.

Tom