AR15 Pistol build

jerrodh

Im considering one of these as a new toy I dont need and wont shoot nearly as much as I should. I know a few of you guys have them do you have any suggestions? As far as what I am looking for cheaper the better as far as its not plastic or complete garbage. I don't need some $2000 ar pistol build going thats for sure.

Besides that I'll be shooting paper targets. What do I need to know? Have any recommendations?

Also does anyone have experience with that SIG "Armbrace" (its a stock!).

I've built a couple 10.5" guns, no issues. It's when you drop down to the pistol length gas systems, normally found on 7.5" barrels that you end up with problems.

Sig brace is pretty nice, but for the price of the brace and a KAK buffer tube made to work with the brace, you may as well just pay for the SBR stamp.

Shorty ARs are quite fun. If you are sticking with 5.56/.223 you are doing yourself a favor by skipping the 7.5" barrel and going with a good 10.5". ALG free float tubes are very reasonably priced. Bare uppers and lowers are at their cheapest ever. Get whatever LPK, it doesn't matter all that much. For a cheap trigger get an ALG ACT, if you want a good trigger get whatever Geissele trigger looks right for you. If you want the Sig brace then do yourself a favor and just buy this package if you want black, or this package if you want FDE.

Toss in a bolt carrier group (BCM if you can swing it) and grip of choice and you are done.

If you want more specific answers for individual parts I can help. If you want one built for you send me a PM.

It works for ccw in the car

You are going to carry an AR pistol in the cockpit just in case you need it? Why would you choose this over a much more compact and maneuverable handgun (taking into consideration the difference of how easy you can move around in the drivers seat with them)?

Edited by Diamonds

I did a pistol build...spent $1800...full billet and quality pieces.

I like shooting it more than my fullsized.

They are a little finicky, so be prepared to do lots of reading online and do a lot of test/tuning

I once had a sig brace ... Then I built my first SBR... Never looked back. Michael you should be following me on IG!!

Jerrod, what is your budget?

You can build something like this (with a different stock) for about a grand (optic not included)

Btw, I would not recommend that muzzle brake on a short barreled gun. It's only there to use with a suppressor. Otherwise it will ring your brain.

Edited by Diamonds

You are going to carry an AR pistol in the cockpit just in case you need it? Why would you choose this over a much more compact and maneuverable handgun (taking into consideration the difference of how easy you can move around in the drivers seat with them)?

Not saying I do, but it's an option. I like options.

That's a nice build bob.

Thank you! That's a final pic offer some changes. Runs really well though I was skeptical because the that stock system.

Anthony, if you aren't going to SBR it I would recommend a sig brace. It will increase the control/comfort. It feels just like a stock.

Currently an SBR on an EForm1 is taking 25-35 days which is crazy since a year ago it was taking 4-5 months.

I can help you with all the legal stuff. It's quite simple. I can give you a copy of my gun trust (which obviously works) and help you do all the paperwork (just a couple forms). I'd be happy to do it with you.

Currently an SBR on an EForm1 is taking 25-35 days which is crazy since a year ago it was taking 4-5 months.

I can help you with all the legal stuff. It's quite simple. I can give you a copy of my gun trust (which obviously works) and help you do all the paperwork (just a couple forms). I'd be happy to do it with you.

I'm taking you up on this offer....