Fishing crew: Musky in the Big Walnut

Putty

Yesterday we took the kayaks out. My GF is about 50 yds in front of me. She yells down..."I'm stuck" and I see her tugging her like. She then says "never mind". All of a sudden her kayak began to get pulled around. She yells to me "something big is on my line come help". I paddle up to her and had have her loosen her drag. I'm thinking she's hooked a carp. Up comes a fucking Musky beside my boat hooked by a shallow diving bass crankbait. I didn't have a net and she had 10lb mono on her reel. I wondering how the hell she kept the fish as long as she had. It went under my boat and came up next another guy that was with us. He grabbed it by the gill plate it went ape. Snapped the line and just sat there. He grabbed the tail and it took off.

Was a bit exciting because I never expected such a fish in the creek.

NICE!

I have never fished for Musky, but I know a few guys who do. Big Walnut is probably connected to Alum Creek somewhere? They do have them in Alum.

Slimy ass creatures though....A guy I work with only fishes for Musky, and just looking at the tackle he uses....looks like it is way to much $$

NICE!

I have never fished for Musky, but I know a few guys who do. Big Walnut is probably connected to Alum Creek somewhere? They do have them in Alum.

Slimy ass creatures though....A guy I work with only fishes for Musky, and just looking at the tackle he uses....looks like it is way to much $$

Big Walnut feeds Hoover