Looking for a Cheaper Plinker Handgun .22LR

jerrodh

Pretty much narrowed it down to a Walther P22 and a Ruger SR22. Looking for something that will handle similar to my XDM .40 for practice and to I got two deals out there.

I can pick up a Walther P22 at Vances for $250

Also CDNN Has a Ruger SR22 with crimson trace for $299 Don't really care for the laser one way or another but if its a better gun Im fine with the extra 50 bones.

Need to make sure the OP wants this in the next 6 months... Otherwise PSA is out!

Back on topic! OP, sig mosquito's seem like a good idea to me!

Mahle, they had a bunch of those at my CCW training class and all they did was jam. Does yours?

I've ran bulk packs of blazer, federal and winchester and they have all ran fine though it. Im not saying its never jammed but it hasn't jammed anymore than any other 22 pistol I've owned. Maybe 1-2 failures per 500 rds.

As were the ones at the range. Must have been the ammo used.

Though rimfire is more subject to have an issue, 95% of the time, cleaning the weapon will lessen the failures. There are some fussy .22's based on ammo. Many people don't break in a .22 semi auto before they complain about it being fussy. The spring is very tight out of the box, and it takes some wear/break in to get the spring rate to a smooth function point. High velocity ammo is helpful too. It gives the extra amount needed to fully compress the spring and allowed for extraction. I'm more inclined to place blame on weapon break in and cleanliness, than it being an ammo issue usually.

I'm approaching 8K and 10K rounds through a couple .22's, and that is any ammo I can put in them.

I vote Ruger 22/45 LITE. I have one and love it.

Seconded. Mine has been a champ, although they are less easy than most semi autos to take apart/reassemble. I have no idea what my round count is, maybe 6k? has been great and eats all shitty ammo.